18 years old and pregnant help

I am 18 and seven months pregnant. my father and I split to try and fix our lives before we get back together. But as my due date gets closer and closer I am becoming more scared that i will not be good enough for my child. What advice would you give a single parent? What should I do and how should I do things?

LovinMyNewborn

Asked by LovinMyNewborn at 7:45 PM on Jun. 17, 2009 in General Parenting

• You have to do what you think is best for your child and yourself. So if being with the father is not best, than don't do it just because you're scared. The best thing you can do is not depend on him, a big mistake I made! As a single parent, you should be sure that you can support the baby even without child support and PA. Of course, PA might be something to consider to help you out in the beginning because you can't work for 6 weeks post partum. And he will have to pay child support if you're not together so you will have that to help, but it isn't much. Daycare is outrageously expensive so try and get a good paying job. I hope you have a good support system with your family because that's what I had and it was the best thing in the world!
    Anonymous

• Do you have support from your family? If not then I would join a group of women who have been through your situation or who are going through it now. Basically, you will need support. Also, take a few parenting classes if you have not already. Good Luck and congrats.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 7:52 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Do whats right for you and I know ur stressed but let things fallinto place. My mom raised me alone at 15 no help from parents and my dad was absent and Im fine. Just show ur baby love, relax, be calm and enjoy the new life comming into this world
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 7:55 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Do what you think is best and don't be afraid to make mistakes. Nobody is the "perfect" mom. All you can do is do your best and love him/her.

My best piece of advice is always the same for new moms-to-be whether single or not----Don't sweat the small stuff.

Good luck to you and congrats.
    dle4125

Answer by dle4125 at 8:10 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Are you really equipped to provide a great life for this baby? There are many loving and financially stable couples who will love and raise your baby and allow you to continue growing up. Many adoptions allow the birth mother to stay in touch with the child. Giving your baby up for adoption really is the greatest act of love.
    www.cradle.org
    Anonymous