Do you let your kids watch TV?

terry6202

Asked by terry6202 at 7:47 PM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Age appropriate programs, yes and we have a time limit on how much tv a day they watch. Especially now with the weather being so nice, they can get outdoors.
    officerjoeys

Answer by officerjoeys at 8:27 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Yes....Why do you ask?

My kids have always watched tv, I didnt let them watch thing they are too young for tho, I monitor what they watch, but as teens they are pretty good about judging what they watch, unless its teenage boys LOL, they want to see boobs.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 7:52 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• My son is 22 months old and yes I do. Cartoons and learning programs only with my approval and some movies.
    ihscoutlover

Answer by ihscoutlover at 7:54 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• To first answer: I'm asking because my 11-year-old daughter is absolutely addicted to TV. I monitor her DVDs and we don't have cable or TV reception (he sees that at her dad's) but she still has it on as soon as she wakes up, until she leaves for school. At her age the characters are all yelling and acting silly - I hate the noise and I wish she would read instead.
    Now we fight so much over the DVDs/TV that I just unplugged it. It's so peaceful, but everyone tells me kids need it.
    Exhausted.
    terry6202

Answer by terry6202 at 8:16 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• No kids dont need it LOL, but they do like it, and the things mine like to watch get on my nerves too, its silly, strange and the noises. I know what you mean but as long as its not too old for her, she will be fine. You can limit her tv time. I dont have to do that with mine, they love to read or draw and us their imagination, but spounge bob really gets on my nerves.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:27 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• My DD is 26 months old and she only watches DVD's Barney, Elmo, Wiggles and Raffi. She usually watches part of one in the morning although very rarely and she can watch one in the afternoon after her nap. Her favorite is Raffi right now which is fine because its music which she enjoys and she likes dance and sing along.
    Anonymous

• My son is almost 13 and watches a lot of tv, mostly teen disney shows or he really likes shows on the History Channel, National Geographic and other channels like that. I have the tv on all the time and most of that is because of background noise. I cannot read or do homework without the tv on. If it is too quiet I get distracted and have trouble concentrating and my son is the same way, it is our ADD.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:24 PM on Jun. 17, 2009