So how's your life now, what's important, what's not so important?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:54 PM on Jun. 17, 2009 in General Parenting

• Um this ? makes one think! Well my life now has so much more meaning! My daughter is almost a year old and I can even tell you how much joy she brings to mine and my husband's life. However there is a lot of drama surrounding our other family members which has made me ? so much! Something that isn't important anymore is going out and drinking although once in a blue moon is fun!
    melk819

Answer by melk819 at 7:59 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I've hit a rough patch right now, but the most important thing is making sure my kids are taken care of.
    officerjoeys

Answer by officerjoeys at 8:15 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• My life is more full and more rewarding. Its also more frustrating and stressful. I feel more accomplished in some areas then I used to.

Important...family, paying rotten bills LOL so we have a home and utilities.
    Not so important...other peoples opinions, worrying about paying the bills LOL.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 9:11 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Life is good, a little nervous about job security for my dh but it's good. What's most important is health and safety of my kids and dh and myself. What's not important is the 50 percent loss of my stock portfolio, changing in the Audi for an SUV and living in my little home (which I wish were bigger),
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 9:50 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I have everything i've ever wanted, a husband, beautiful health children, my own home without the scare of a mortgage (we're buying it off my hub's grandma under the table), food on the table, clothes on our backs and peace and quiet..that's always been important to me

on the flipside, my family sucks, my in laws suck and no body gives a damn about us, except us
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 10:41 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• My life is grand except for the 105 heat index. It's putting a damper on my adventures. I gave my car away so walking isn't an option in this heat!

To Mumma28: I hope you have a contract with Granny for buying her house bc if she dies without a contract you are hosed and you'll lose all your money. His parents will say you just paid rent and they will take the house and probably sell it out from under you especially if they suck. Buying under the table can be tricky. If it's under the table and no one knows then there is no proof. It needs to be done legally or at the very least have him put on the deed with Granny. She may not want to do that but do something so you don't lose everything you have invested.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:13 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• My life could be better but it could be worse too. The only important things in my life are my son, a few friends and my finishing school so I can get a job...no career that will allow me to support us without any PA or help from my parents. The most important things in my life right now would be finishing school because once I do that, so many other things will fall into place.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:40 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Life is good, my sons are doing well. One is getting married next year , the other is graduating hs. I still have some of my family left. It sucks that today was my mother and sisters birthday and they are not alive to celebrate it.

My family and freinds are very important to me. My own little corner of the world is important to me. The rest some days not so much.
    PestPatti

Answer by PestPatti at 11:50 PM on Jun. 17, 2009