Is there anything you do that causes people think you're crazy?

Whether it be lifestyle, parenting, relationships or personality, is there anything that you do that you are looked as a little crazy or if no crazy, definitely abnormal?

I eat a very strict diet as a personal choice. It's called the Paleo diet and I basically eat nothing but meat (lean for the most part), fruits and veggies ( but no starchy veggies like potatoes and corn), and seeds and nuts ( but no peanuts or cashews). I don't eat any beans and very little dairy and if I do have dairy, try to stick with goats milk. I don't eat any processes foods or gluten.

Some of my friends think I'm a little crazy, because I do it as a personal choice, not because of allergies.

I've done quite a bit of research before making my decision and it's something that my family follows as well.

What's your story?

nwdeserangel

Asked by nwdeserangel at 8:00 PM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I have to say I have crazy eating habits too. Like for instance....I hate PB. I will not eat PB&J, PB crackers or cookies or anything like that, but Reese's PB Cups are awesome! I also will not eat steak because my meat has to be cooked all the way and I don't trust it to be. I also will not eat lettuce or tomatoes on sandwiches, but I love salad and tacos. I am a very picky eater for someone who is not under the age of 12, lol.
    officerjoeys

Answer by officerjoeys at 8:12 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I am obsessed with cooking, eating, growing and reading about food. I have a room dedicated to cook books, two chest freezers full of veggies and meats from our farm, a stove that is in constant motion and a piles of monthly food magazines. I dry my own herbs from my garden, make all of my own breads and crackers, baby food, stocks, sauces, pickles...you name it..I make it. Plus I have two kids under 3 and a job. My friends think I am insane. I get so excited about recipes and I seriously read cook books every morning with my coffee.
    missv66

Answer by missv66 at 8:16 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I'm just a weirdo period. I say things in accents for no apparent reason, my kids love it but my family thinks I'm crazy.........:)
    Anonymous

• I'm always trying to convence everyone to be happy and grateful,so my older children always say,don't asked mommy,because all she is going to say,isn't today a beautiful day. So,I guess you can call that crazy, I just think ,even though we are living in a bad time,we have so many things to happy,proud,and grateful.
    lady-t3984

Answer by lady-t3984 at 8:50 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I don't always answer the phone!
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 8:53 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I had four babies without a dr or midwife... that's considered to be pretty insane, and no one can possibly believe it's an educated decision that some people make quite sanely. ;-)
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 9:00 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Well, technically potatos and corn are not veggies! The one thing I do sometimes that seems to make alot of moms here on CM think I am crazy is state the FACT that they have a choice in every single solitary action they perform every day without exception! I suppose some people refuse to accept their responsibilities and take credit for fulfilling them of their own volition!!!!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 9:02 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Oh, you mean beside the voices in my head? lol, j/k.
    I guess most people think I am kinda weird. I have "out there' religious beliefs, dress code, eating habits, ways of talking and ways of thinking. So, about the only thing that is normal about me is the fact that I breath.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 9:02 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• To Collinsky, i beg to disagree! I think that is a decision made quite sanely and I respect it fully. I wish I had the guts to do it!!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 9:04 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I use to do a LOT of crazy things.. then I had a kid.. lol.. now the craziest thing I do is crawl around the floor, growling like a lion for my daughter. lol.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:19 PM on Jun. 17, 2009