What do you think of Kate (of Jon and Kate plus 8) spanking her daughter?

http://www.popeater.com/television/article/kate-gosselin-spanking-leah-photos/529806?icid=main|hp-laptop|dl2|link3|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.popeater.com%2Ftelevision%2Farticle%2Fkate-gosselin-spanking-leah-photos%2F529806

momto2boys851

Asked by momto2boys851 at 8:01 PM on Jun. 17, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I'm not very familiar with the story, or why she was spanking her. But as long as she wasn't taking her frustration out on her, and was using it stricktly as a last resort disciplinary action, then, I don't have a problem with it.
    Anonymous

• Kids need dicapline. It's not illegal to spank your child. As long as she wasn't beating the child I don't see a problem with it.
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 8:07 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• it's her kid, she should be able to punish her how she wants, as long as she's not abusing her. We don't know why she was getting spanked, so how can we judge her??
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 8:08 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I don't spank, but to each their own. As long as it's not bad enough to leave marks (which if she's on tv, I don't think she would be stupid enough to do with all the other crap that's going on with those two) .
    officerjoeys

Answer by officerjoeys at 8:08 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• umm. im nto against it as long as there was a good reason for it. its not lik its abuse or anything. thats her choice. i think we should all stay out of their lives right now.
    xhellxfirex495

Answer by xhellxfirex495 at 8:10 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Of course the media is going to make a big stick about it. Damn I'm glad no one ever took pics the few times I had to spank my kids.
    momto2boys851

Answer by momto2boys851 at 8:16 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I think they are all odd... to open yourself up to the public like that is just odd... I never understood it!
    teampalmer4

Answer by teampalmer4 at 8:21 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Good for her!
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 9:45 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Well, they opted to open there life up to the public and have made a ton of money. Its to bad that they will probably never know a moments of privacy and peace. I feel bad for the children being on display. I dont agree with spanking and I think that Kate Gosselin has some real issues and tends to spank in anger and not to "teach a lesson".
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 10:41 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I didnt see a video but she looks to be swatting her on the butt not even spanking her so whats the big deal
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 9:54 AM on Jun. 18, 2009