This is why

Okay, so I am all for PA for someone who is in real need of it. I want to clarify that before I start, but here is my problem.

There is this woman I work with.... she recieves PA, being a single mother of 3, earning only min. wage, I totally get that...

She is like "proud" of it. She is always loud about "how her rent is free", and whats shes going to buy with her foodstamps.... Not really a big deal just more annoying then anything....

My problem is, 2 min. after she talks all that she says she can't wait to go home and smoke a "happy ciggerate".. (weed)...

Seriously.... you can't pay your own bills but your buying weed with PA.... that is so wrong in so many ways...

It's people like this who make people against PA...

Anyone else think this isn't right, and have a problem with it?

JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Asked by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 8:06 PM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• How do you know "she's" buying it? Perhaps a friend shares with her or IDK...

But to answer your original question - yes people who abuse the system piss me off to no ends. It is because of the abusers that people who actually are trying have (1) a insane hard time getting help and (2) get sh*t on for it every day; even by the people working in the offices who are supposed to be helping you.

I had a friend driven to tears by some woman in the Food Stamp office talking to her like she was living in a McMansion; driving a new Caddy; while sucking up food stamps when in fact her fiance had been severely injured in an accident and she had to take care of him until he recovered more...thus no one could work at the time...unforseen occurance...yet she was treated like crap...
    Anonymous

• Live your own life OP .Don't waist your energies,spirit & soul thinking about some lady!

Anonymous

• She may be "gloating" because she really has nothing else to brag about.. As a single mother of 2 I know things are very hard and there is rarely any good occurrences. This could be why it seems as if shes coming off too proud about her free rent.

And as for the pot thing, that would only bug me if I knew she was buying it. But then again, whose business is it?
    Anonymous

• I think its mine, as well as everyone's elses when she is using PA. If she can buy weed then she must not need it that bad!!.... there are people out there that REALLY need it and may not be getting it because of people like her....
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 8:11 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I have a problem with it and have seen way worse. How about trading your wic baby formula for meth and crank, or trading welfare provided diapers for meth? Seen that happen many times.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:11 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Life isn't fair.....! Make the best of your own life, instead of wasting energy on others.
    Anonymous

• Ugh. Yeah, that's a problem.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 8:20 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I agree with PPs You dont really know if shes the one buying it..and she doesnt have anything else to bragg about...so she picks things that she has eventhough you wouldnt find that to bragg on....however in my state if shes getting MONEY like actual checks, they drug test you...randomly ofcourse...but you sign a waver to submit yourself to random selection...so its only a matter of time..and she could LOSE EVERYTHING! And
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 9:05 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I am so sick of opening these posts and the first few answers are "mind your own business." Dude. You're on cafemom. You obviously don't want to mind your own business, or you wouldn't be on here!

Anyway, people abuse the system all the time. That's what screws the people who really need it. I don't like it. I don't think a lot of people get free pot. If someone's giving her free pot, but she can't afford food, perhaps they should be giving her free food.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 9:14 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Considering that depending on how much you smoke you can waste $250 a month, yea that would piss me off too. If you can't afford to pay your bills, which should be coming first!!!!, then you have no reason to smoke, drink or party. Besides the most expensive drink is the free ones
    Glickstein

Answer by Glickstein at 9:19 PM on Jun. 17, 2009