Help! I have a three month old baby who is used to being swaddled. Lately, she is breaking out from the swaddle and having a difficult time sleeping. What can I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:27 PM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• a good transition could be just wrapped in a recieving blanket. not too tight but not so itll fall off alot. either that or lay with him/her. thats a difficult transition and age. good luck!
    xhellxfirex495

Answer by xhellxfirex495 at 8:30 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• u swaddle with just a blanket or receiving blanket? if so what about buying a swaddler from the stores that Velcro closed or a halo sleep sack.
    preggoinmn

Answer by preggoinmn at 8:31 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• watching this, I'm having the same problem.
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 9:10 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• My daughter was strong, but the MIracle Blanket (available on-line) held her in. The SwaddleMe blankets from Babies R Us with velcro worked pretty well, too, and those can be used for bigger babies as well. I swaddled our girls until 6 months and they slept amazingly well. So I wouldn't transition out of it yet, at least until you've tried one of these blankets.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 9:13 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Get a miracle blanket. They are amazing and work so well. My DD is 15 weeks and only just strong enough to move her arms up. So I guess she is kinda weaning herself off it... Dont give up
    mummylovebaby

Answer by mummylovebaby at 10:21 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• That's why I never used a loose blanket to swaddle! I was terrified of my baby breaking out of it and smothering. Try the Halo SleepSack Swaddle product. This is the brand they're using in hospitals now. When your baby outgrows swaddling, you can move onto the regular Halo SleepSack.
    ksams

Answer by ksams at 11:15 AM on Aug. 17, 2009