When is the best time of the day to do some kind of exercise?

I know maybe like at 5 am but I know that is not going to happen.

So say the day has gone by and I am at home to stay and relax... is it ever too late to do some kind of exercise? I mean when I have worked out in the past I remember to continue to feel hot and sweaty after I had already showered. I don't want to feel like that for bed. What do you think? Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:28 PM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• i dont think its ever too late. even tho it should do it in the morning, its better after uve digested breakfast, you can do it whenever. if u feel icky after wards take some dial soap and wash then sit in the tub with some body wash and relax. i hate that feeling too and when i started doin that it helped alot. good luck.
    xhellxfirex495

Answer by xhellxfirex495 at 8:32 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I prefer to workout in the morning too! I always sleep much better if I exercise in the morning.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 8:32 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• During the school year, I work out after I get the kids on the bus. Now that they are out for the summer, I usually *try* to squeeze it in before noon. Then I take a cool/lukewarm shower that cools down my body temperature, but still feels good. Then I don't usually feel so icky during the day.
    "They" say not to work out just before bed time, because it can actually wake you up, and make it harder for you to go to sleep. Since I go to bed around 10, I never work out after 7. Just to be on the safe side.
    mamahud

Answer by mamahud at 8:57 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• The best time for you to work out is that time that you are able to workout! Morning is the preferred time, but ultimately it doesn't matter when you do it as long as you do it! Don't forget to lift weights. Your metabolic activity is way higher for about 15 hours post workout (vs 30 min- an hour after cardio).
    sw33t_blond3

Answer by sw33t_blond3 at 12:42 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• i work out at 7:30pm, the kids are in bed by then.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 2:48 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Any time of the day is better than not at all.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:48 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I run with a friend at 5am.

then after put the kids to bed I do a more weight/strength workout.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 1:32 PM on Jun. 20, 2009