Pre-term Labor

At 2 am I started having contraction I wrote it off as gas at first. After about 4 hours of contunious pain off and on I called my doc . He sent me to the hospital. Sure enough I was haivng contractions. They gave me a shot to stop the contractions and pills to take every three hours and put me on bed rest. Has this happened to anyone else? How long were you on bed rest? This is so hard because I have a 2 1/2 year old.

Tris_09

Asked by Tris_09 at 8:36 PM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• How far along are you, try to keep to the bed rest and drink plenty of fluids, dehydration is one of the number one reasons for pre term labor, dont drink all tea or soda because they are a diuretic and will dehydrate you more. Hang in there mom, you can do it. Hve friends or family come over and help.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:44 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• 23 weeks
    Tris_09

Answer by Tris_09 at 8:46 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Do what he docs say, you are still very early, keep that baby in there as long as you can, cafemom is a great way to waste time, also stay in the room that everyone is in that way they are not missing you and you them, get all the extra help you can, from friends, family, the church, use all your resources. If you must stay in your bed, get a tv and movies that your little one will like that way he/she is still near you. Eat right, drink plenty, rest.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:55 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I went into preterm labor at 30 weeks. I spent nine long weeks on bedrest in the hospital two hours from home. I had a 2 1/2 year old at home too. I had my son at 39 weeks.
    darcibeisheim

Answer by darcibeisheim at 9:22 PM on Jun. 17, 2009