IUDs and intercourse

Has your partner ever mention discomfort during intercourse while you had an IUD?

shiasmommy41209

Asked by shiasmommy41209 at 8:39 PM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My SO swears he can feel it sometimes. He said it feels like something is stabbing the head of his....member...lol. The doctor swears that it is too far up to be able to feel during intercourse, so I really don't know. My SO will just adjust his position until he can't feel it anymore.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 8:42 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Yes, my dh use to get um, poked all the time. Those "strings" are quite stiff are wirey when you first get the IUD. And my dh is pretty well endowed (tmi lol) so he did feel it poking in different positions. After a while the strings soften up and that will go away.
    Anonymous

• yes my hubby says the strings pock the head ... lol there is no discomfert for me
    aprilsalcro

Answer by aprilsalcro at 9:13 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I dont have an IUD but I work at an OB GYN and numerous people say their partners can feel it. Just be careful, because multiple women have gotten pregnant even with the IUD lately because if the doctor doesnt place it right, even if it is a tiny bit off, you can get pregnant. Yes it is nice and convenient birth control, but still pretty risky.
    Wyatts_Mom1006

Answer by Wyatts_Mom1006 at 9:58 AM on Jun. 18, 2009