If my daughter doesnt like him, should i still go out with hm???

I am somewhat dating this guy named Javiar!! My daughter for the life of god does not like him..everytime we are out and he is holding her.. she cry's and cry's and cry's!!! what do i do!!!

b-uuurrr-niece

Asked by b-uuurrr-niece at 8:44 PM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Its normal mom, babies will be scared of strangers, or he is nervous holding her and she has picked up on that. Just have him not hold her and just talk to her, play with her etc. until she gets to know him and familar with his face.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:47 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I would say if your daughter doesn't like him, get rid of him. I know it sounds ridiculous but kids have a good sense of people and whether they are good people or not. I wouldn't want to date someone that my daughter didn't like because it would make time with them miserable and if things ever got serious it would be even more difficult because she would constantly be trying to interfere. GL!!!
    Anonymous

• I don't know - if she really doesn't like him, she may have a sense about him that you're not picking up on. I always trust a dog and a baby's instincts.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 8:49 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• My DD doesn't like anyone. She will try to jump out of friends and familys arms to get to me. It takes her a while..but if you play peek-a-boo while I'm holding her she'll warm up to you.
    Love the name Javier.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 8:52 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• yeah my son doen't like his grandpa does that mean i dont let him see the baby, come on peope its a baby they dont know any better, its a strange person to them, have the baby spend more time with him and u together and see if they warm up to each other
    Anonymous

• My DD will be 1 yr old tomorrow and she doesn't like anyone but Mama and Dada! It's normal. She'll get used to him. Hope it all works out for you. Good luck!
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 8:53 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• If it's not normal for your baby to be like that around people Id say get rid of him. I grew up with a stepdad I disliked and I resent my Mom for letting him be mean to me. You don't want that. You know some kids can just tell if a persons bad
    Anonymous

• she didnt say they guy was mean, i think u all need to learn to read and stop comapring what happened to you as a child to everyone else
    Anonymous

• Anon 05, yes it is normal, this is a baby and babies dont like strangers. Hand your child to someone new and see what they do, they cry for mom or dad, someone they know. I know childhood developmental appropriate behavior and for babies, it is NORMAL.... If this was a child, that would be different, but if he is not dad and the child knows dad, they wont like him at first either. Before you comment like that do your reasearch.
    Anonymous

• wow... bitchy ... just cos you dont like a response. The girl asked for ALL opinions.

Just introduce them maybe more slowly. I usually hold my DD while she warms up to people and eventually she will reach out to them. But I have to let her take that step otherwise she can get very upset. BUT I also believe that babies can sense bad people and so this could be something to think about.

I have experienced it FIRST hand with my 15 week old DD. My BIL is abusive and she has met him before but screamed whenever he came near her to tried to talk or touch her. Its like she could sense how much he hates me and wanted him gone!
    mummylovebaby

Answer by mummylovebaby at 10:12 PM on Jun. 17, 2009