I need a Job and I'm so depress

I am so depress because my husband lost his job and I didn't currently work. We are up to our last savings and I don't know how we will do to earn money. I am not looking to invest in any home base business. WE have been looking for jobs but can't seem to find anything. I really don't know what to do anymore. I am receving food stamps but I need to make money for everything else. I am very stressed out. Another thing that bothered me was that my father inlaw called my husband today and ask him for money, my husband explain to him that he can't and to ask his other kids for money because they can help him. To make a long story short they got into a argument. I asked my husband if he' okay and is he mad, I asked him what happened. He told me it wasn't my business. He has never told me that in my life. I felt so hurt. I am already feeling bad as is

goodmama

Asked by goodmama at 8:49 PM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Money & Work

• AWW, dont get offended hunni, hes upset and im sure being a man is even worse when you feel like your not doing enough for your family..the only thing i can say is go try for unemployment, and take a BS job both of you on opposite shifts, one work morning one work night, thats what im going to have to do, and just suck it up until i can do something different! My plans got all messed up and put me in an awful situation! so i understand, until i get the job i want i have to not be picky and work opposite my SO, that way we dont pay for daycare!! it sucks because we wont ever really see each other!! I didnt want our relationship to go through that but its better than being stuck in a bad BROKE situation!! GL hun!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 8:53 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Try not to be so down, the only way to go is up, right?! That's what I keep telling myself. I own a small retail boutique and what was once fulfilling my dream has now turned into a nightmare in today's economy. I came across something the other day that might help.
    http://www.wahmjobfinder.com/takecontrolnow

Take care and smile!
    MamaLeah1965

Answer by MamaLeah1965 at 10:21 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Lots of people need jobs. Millions of americans are behind and hurting. Your not the only one.
    BingsMommy

Answer by BingsMommy at 12:00 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely? If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). There is a company located outside of Chicago that matches up VAs & clients called VSI; the url is www.avirtualstaff.com. The owner is Tracey Wallace.
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization; I also do career & job search coaching. I am always happy to help cafemoms (and dads) with resumes, cover letters, job search strategy & interview preparation. Feel free to contact me directly –Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 6:44 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Just a suggestion for you... I started an at home biz a few months back and there are people who are not hurting financially that work from home. An option maybe don't throw out the window... If interested you can visit my website at www.beingunited.com or email me at rebeccabowen@live.com. I would love to talk to you and try to help you!
    Rebecca
    Rebecca325

Answer by Rebecca325 at 3:21 PM on Jun. 18, 2009