What are the chances?

My mom just told me that her doctors found something on her mammogram but my step dad said that they didn't seem concerned. Could she have breast cancer? Also, how many people have died from it? What are the chances of her survival?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:53 PM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Health

• if they suspect it is cancer, they'll do a biopsy....i used to work at a cancer treatment center and most of our patients had a very high survival rate....gl
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 9:11 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• im not sure how many people have tied from it and i dont think its good to look at those facts either, each person is diff and medicine has change so much, i know the chances are good these days, my mom had stage 3 BC and made a full recovery,,, and is doing great now, she was 49 when she found out and is now 67...
    Anonymous

• by the way what they found could be non cancerous as well and thats why they didnt seem concerned
    Anonymous

• Until they learn more, you need to just relax. It could be nothing at all. There is no need to freak out until everything has been done to see what it wrong.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:53 PM on Jun. 17, 2009