My 9 Month old!

My 9 Month old refuses to eat baby food anymore she wants real food any ideas on what i can feed her? The doctor already said its normal and she will be ok starting on solid, (obviously food that she cant choke on) . Any Ideas Ladies?!

DiandraBryant07

Asked by DiandraBryant07 at 8:53 PM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Start feeding her what yall eat. When you steam veggies for the family, don't add anything (no salt or butter) and let baby have some (very soft steamed veggies like green beans, broccoli, potatoes) and your family can add salt or butter if they want. I am still cooking this way and my kids are 3 & 4. I don't add anything to my veggies now and I don't miss the salt or butter!
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 8:55 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Mine went to strictly finger food at 9 mo. She refused food on a spoon. You can do steamed, diced fruits and veggies of any kind. Very ripe pear, peach, nectarine, banana and avocado do not need to be steamed. Cheerios, Baby Mum Mums, Toast (cut into small pieces) w/cream cheese if you've started dairy, whole grain waffles (if you've introduced egg), scrambled egg, soft cheeses (apparently yellow cheeses are more of an allergy risk but white cheeses are fine).
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 8:56 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Thankyou Ladies!! Any more ideas??
    DiandraBryant07

Answer by DiandraBryant07 at 8:58 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• my son like when i got those chiken dino nuggets for babies, u just have to watch them while they eat them
    Anonymous

• if your baby is not ready then she is NOT ready. Wait a month and try again. My son 1st foods were avacodo, banana, sweet potatoes, applesauce (all organic).
    Anonymous

• I like to make pasta(I like barrilla whole grain) dishes and add chicken or meat and throw it in the food processor. Pretty much anything I think she can choke on, goes in the processor.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 9:06 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Really anything you eat, meats are a no no for most bc they are hard to chew, but mashed potatoes, grits if you are from the south, oatmeal, cream of wheat, finger foods, anything soft, easy for her to pick up and easy to chew. Pancakes, french toast, waffles...oh the list goes on and on
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 9:08 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Mine is exactly the same way. In addition to the fruits and veggies listed above, my daughter loves to feed herself ripe avocado (sooo good for her, too), she eats tofu cut into small strips or cubes, canned black beans, red beans, pinto beans, bits of veggie burger, small bites of lunchmeat turkey (I put in in the microwave for a few seconds first to kill bacteria), sweet potatoes, sweet potato fries (our latest discovery), low-salt crackers, unsalted brown rice cakes. Oh, and if the family's having dessert, you can give her a whole cake cone (without the ice cream, of course). They're startlingly not bad for you -- I couldn't believe it when I checked the ingredients -- and they dissolve so fast, and they're incredibly fun for baby. We discovered this on her big sister's b-day.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 9:10 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Small pasta is another good one (I buy whole grain enriched with Omega 3s). You can even get creative with pasta...use pureed sweet potato as a sauce or throw in some steamed carrot and melt cream cheese over top. Grilled Cheese sandwiches cut into small pieces (add a layer of pureed broccoli for a veggie). White fish, chicken nuggets.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 9:13 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Thanks girls for being so helpful and more ideas??
    DiandraBryant07

Answer by DiandraBryant07 at 9:13 PM on Jun. 17, 2009