ok so.......

my son is 22 mos old && still in a crib. I had planned on transitioning him to a toddler bed on his 2nd birthday. He goes to bed at 7p every night. He learned how to open doors last week && about 10 min ago he came running up here to the living room.......which means he also just learned how to climb out of his crib TODAY!!! So I guess I'll be transitioning him a little sooner than originally planned...lol.

anyway, my question is how did you get your toddler to STAY in the bed when you put them in a big boy/girl bed??

HisMommySince07

Asked by HisMommySince07 at 8:55 PM on Jun. 17, 2009 in General Parenting

• He will get it. But 1 big piece of advice, put a lock on your front door at the top of it. You may think he can't open the door but he might surprise you 1 day. Also any rooms that you don't want him to go into if you are asleep like the laundry room, etc.. put a slide lock at the top of those doors too. I am a really light sleeper so the first few nights my daughter was in her big girl bed I put newspapers on the floor in front of it, so I would hear it crinkle if she steped on them.
    TeriMelisa

Answer by TeriMelisa at 9:20 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• my son is 15 months and already in a toddler bed, i tought him to call mommy so i could her on the monitor before getting out of bed, it takes a while trust me... but it should be alittle easier for u since urs is alittle older than mine
    Anonymous

• Farrahann she said her son is 22 months learn to read
    Anonymous

• We had a big boy party complete with parade (think mama, daddy, baby and grandma parading around the house singing the big boy party song), big boy cups, plates, bed, a cake, candle to blow out, toy on the cake, potty video, and new underwear. It was kind of the potty training/ big boy bed encouragement thing.

If he got out of bed, we walked him right back, and I let him drink water in his sippy if he wanted to, or take a book to bed as long as he would lay down. I usually put enya or vivaldi soflty on the cd player in his room... Left the bathroom light on as a night light and watched tv with the sound low enough that it didn't disturb him and I could hear him if he got up.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 8:59 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Sorry I was reading another ? and jumbled them together...thanks for informing me with such grace though.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 9:00 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• anytime
    Anonymous

• oh yeah, TeriMelisa, that's a good idea, I didn't even think about those doors. He already knows how to unlock the deadbolts && everything....he is WAAAYY too smart. He just stands on something to reach it.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 9:26 PM on Jun. 17, 2009