My almost 3 year old.

My 2 Year old will be three in August, and Shes been potty training and doing great for about 5 1/2 months well the last two weeks shes been pooping in her underwear and peeing on my carpet. What can i do to stop this. Iam determined to have her pottytrained by August-September..She hates when she pees herself and poops her self thats whyt i dont understand why she does it, I put her on the potty Often, But still if she is watching tv, or in the park or playing with her friends she will shes do it in her underwear! HELP!

DiandraBryant07

Asked by DiandraBryant07 at 8:56 PM on Jun. 17, 2009 in General Parenting

• When kids are busy, or really interested in playing, or watching a movie or whatever.... they really really, REALLY need your reminders! I ask my 3yo every 20 minutes at least! And if I know it's been awhile, but he's still telling me no, I have to intervene and tell him he needs to stop what he's doing to go potty.
    They need constant reminders and reinforcement. I try not to get mad at mine unless I ask him and he says no and pees his pants 5 minutes later.
    He's getting pretty good, he'll definitely let me know if he's got to pee in the parking lot or the park because he thinks there might be a chance I'll let him pee on a tree.... lol
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 9:02 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• haha thats funny! :-) Thanks for teh advice! :)
    DiandraBryant07

Answer by DiandraBryant07 at 9:04 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• She is having too much fun to stop and listen to her body. I push pause and say "go" and wait till my kids go to the restroom or it doesn't come back on (tv that is) and as for the park, as soon as we arrive, we visit the restroom, we try to go, and after, i just keep an eye on my kids, and if I see the dancing or grabbing of the underwear, we run to the restroom...
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 9:12 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• She could not be ready, yet. If a child is ready they will train within days not 5 months. Don't push it because it will take longer and she will have more accidents. She could also just be too busy to stop playing to use the toilet. Take her to the bathroom about every hour or so.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:37 PM on Jun. 17, 2009