posted earlier and no responses

flies!
my backyard seems to have been taken over by them, i dont know why, there is no food or dog poo, or anything weird and unusual out here, its pretty clean my family loves being outside so we are always sitting outside hanging out i clean it every other day, sweep the patio all that, and i pick up dog poo everyday, everytime my puppy poos, but they are here, my neighbors said its just that time, and their yards are like that too, but i cant stand them they are nasty and i hate them more than any other bug out there (besides maybe ants) but any suggestions on how i can make them go away? again were outside so ya know. oh and citronella candles dont seem to be working.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:00 PM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Fly paper for us does the trick. Theres no water source in your yard is there? Major breeding grounds there
    Glickstein

Answer by Glickstein at 9:02 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• What kind of flies???
    If you're in the south, esp around FL, they could be love bugs.
    No freakin cure for those mofos!
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 9:03 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• My grandma buys those sticky fly strips and hangs them from her porch. That might work.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 9:04 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• try hanging a few of those sticky fly paper things around. That's the only thing I can think of. If it was mosqitos I could help you, I am from Alabama, mosquitos should be our state bird.
    TeriMelisa

Answer by TeriMelisa at 9:04 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I'd put fly paper around the yard and make sure to put lids on the garbage cans. Once, I found a breeding ground in a trash bag that was in a can with lid (not secured tightly enough). There may be animals hit by a car or what have you that the flies are breeding in, too.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 9:05 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Well, I know what you mean...I HAVE to pick up the dog poo every day or we have flies like no other...son will dump juice and crap in the yard (which attracts flies) so I put a stop to that...but for some reason on really hot days there are just flies every where. I hate hate hate it. It seems like whenever I open the door to the house a fly comes in! Today I have been battling 2 and it grosses me out big time! Anyhoo, I would say fly paper! Its really tacky looking but it works really well.

SecretSuzy

Answer by SecretSuzy at 9:07 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Answered at 6:04 PM on Jun. 17, 2009 by: TeriMelisa
    . . . If it was mosqitos I could help you, I am from Alabama, mosquitos should be our state bird.

LMAO.. i woke my daughter up from her nap laughing at that one.. xP

the sticky fly traps work well, but they are oh-so-gross to throw away because most of them dont die on there.. so you just have about 20 or so flies wiggling their nasty little fly feet around... *shudders*.. makes me want to throw up!
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 9:11 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• LOL, IM IN VA I GUESS THATS CONSIDERED THE SOUTH LOL. I DONT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE I JUST KNOW I HATE THEM AND CANT GET RID OF THEM, AND ITS WAY WORSE ON HOT DAYS, AND THERES NO GARBAGE OUT THERE THATS KEPT IN THE FRONT OF THE HOUSE WHY I DONT KNOW BUT THATS HOW THEY DO IT HERE. AND THEY ARE JUST GROSS AND ANNOYING! LOL, IVE BEEN BATTLING 3 HERE IN MY HOUSE, I GOT ONE AND THE DOG ATE THE OTHER TWO YAY! LOL. I GUESS ILL BE BUYING SOME STICKY THINGS TOMORROW. LOL, SOMEONE TOLD ME TO PUT A BAG HALF FULL OF WATER ABOVE THE DOOR AND THAT WILL MAKE THEM GO AWAY I DONT HAVE ANYTHING TO HANG A BAG ON ABOVE THE DOOR BUT IM WILLING TO TRY ANYTHING LOL. EEEEWWW FLIES, ID RATHER DEAL WITH SPIDERS AND SUCH! FLYS ARE NASTY LITTLE BUGGERS!
    Anonymous

• sorry thats all in caps ahahaha my dd hit the button and i was too lazy to hit it again lol, laziness has hit with a vengence lol. op here and the caps one too. lol
    Anonymous

• http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080323033742AAlzDst
    strongmom40

Answer by strongmom40 at 2:17 PM on Jun. 20, 2009