Help please!!

Gahh I don't know what to do.
Kennedy(my 4month old daughter) will not goto sleep. She falls asleep then 5 minutes later she is sobbing and crying, but not really waking up.
She is fed, changed, swaddled. I gave her gripe water even.
When I go to check on her she looks like she's asleep but she is whining and sobbing.
I've tried everything, she usually goes right to sleep with no problem.
What do I do??Should I leave her and let her sob it out?(I say sob it out because there aren't any tears and it's not real crying)

I'm about to cry myself to sleep too because I don't know what else to do.

BambiF

Asked by BambiF at 9:08 PM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would drive her around, put her in the swing, nurse her, put her on her tummy on your knees and rock her, put your finger on her gums to see if they're swollen...She sounds like she's either gassy or teething. Don't give up, but do try and rock her to sleep.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 9:10 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• My pediatrician told me that they will eventually fall asleep. I made myself crazy trying to get dd to sleep, but he was right. eventually she fell asleep. sometimes they just cry from being so tired!
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 9:13 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Try a dose of tylenol. She could be teething or have an ear infection. If the tylenol helps...watch for a tooth. If no tooth and she is still cranky, you might want to take her to the doctor.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 9:14 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• She seems to be stopping, I can hear her sucking her suthie now and just kind of catching her breath.
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 9:15 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Now you take a breath!
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 9:26 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I would pick her up and cuddle her to sleep on my tummy. Sometimes babies do just protest at the end of the day because they are tired, stressed etc. My DD has just started laughing and chatting for a couple of mins before she goes to slep. But if she is crying then she is telling u something is not right
    mummylovebaby

Answer by mummylovebaby at 9:53 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Have you taken her temperature? The waking up every 5 mins thing sound like a sick baby to me. My daughters only did that when they were sick.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 9:56 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• No I didn't because she didn't feel warmer to the touch so it didn't really occur to me.
    She is sleeping fine now so I don't want to wake her...
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 10:17 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Yeah, don't wake her... I'm sure she's fine. Get some rest!
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 10:40 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• most doctors agree that a baby under 1 should not have water it doesn't give them the nutrition they need. there is more to taking care of an infant than feeding & changing-
    is she gassy, temperature?, over tired, teething?
    shes only four months she needs to know she can trust you- shes too young to cry it out.
    have you started her on baby cereal yet? if not try giving her some before bed. If you put her on her tummy to sleep DON'T leave her unsupervised & once shes fast asleep roll her on her back.
    SIDS still takes infants lives thats why doctors tell you to lay them on their back to sleep.
    My grandma lost a child to SIDS.
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 10:48 PM on Jun. 17, 2009