Miscarriages?

I don't really know anything about miscarriages. just looking for some info. Whats my chances at 6 wks and for the next few weeks? What causes them? Anything I can do to help my chances?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:15 PM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• After you hear the heartbeat (which usually will be there sometime during the 6th week or in your 7th week the chances of miscarriage goes down to less than 2%. make sure your maintaining a good healthy life style and SHOULD anything happen, it was most likely caused by some type of genetic problem, those things happen usually because what ever is wrong with baby will cause it not to be able to survive outside the womb, so SHOULD something happen (which I doubt) it was most likely the best thing for baby, it hurts all woman, but in the end, it was for the best.

judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 9:35 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• 70% or so of miscarriages are caused by genetic abnormalities ( a mistake in the genes that causes the baby to develop in a way that he/she would not survive outside the womb). Usually at 10 weeks the risks begin to decrease and become practically nonexistent after 13 weeks. There isn't really much you can do to prevent it, but just relax! Drink plenty of water and remember that miscarriages are a very small percentage of most pregnancies, and yours has a very good chance! Good Luck!
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 9:29 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• my doctor won't see me until i'm 10-12 weeks..how will i know if it has a steady heartbeat?
    Anonymous

• you wont- but chances are good that it has one, if your not bleading chances are slim the baby isnt developing.
    most women arent seen until 10 weeks or so, my sister in her first pregnancy didnt even get an ultra sound until 20 weeks, and in my first pregnancy I didnt get one until 17 weeks and the doppler cant detect heart beats until about 12 weeks.
    with my current pregnancy I had some complacations VERY EARLY and I was getting ultrasounds every 4 days from 4 weeks until 8 weeks.
    everything turned out fine for my baby!
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 10:16 PM on Jun. 17, 2009