Help, I'm six weeks or so.

My doctor won't see my until I'm 10-12 weeks. I'm guessing I'm about six b/c my last period was April 28. Any do's or don'ts I should know? This is my first pregnancy just looking for some pointers. Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:17 PM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Go to the store and get either prenatals or flintstone vitamins- My doctor tells me to take two gummy flintstones a day because the prenatals make me puke- but seriously, take your vitamins, it lowers the chances of having a baby with an open tube defect.

If you smoke (anything) drink you need to stop, and the BEST thing to drink during pregnancy is WATER, it helps your colostrum come in, and makes your body and the growing pains hurt less.

Also, lay back on sodas!

good luck and CONGRATS MAMA

judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 9:30 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Dont drink... if you are sick at all keep the saltine crackers around and even by your bed for very early morning sickness....
    Mamakat90

Answer by Mamakat90 at 9:24 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Drink lots of water and get lots of rest. You can pretty much do the same things as normal, you just have to make sure that if you are lifting anything it's not too heavy. And try to avoid cold cut meats, unless warmed to steaming. Make sure you are taking a prenatal everyday, and if it makes you sick during the day (which was the case with me) take it right before you go to bed, then you get to sleep through all that stuff. Cut down on caffeine if you drink a lot of it, about 1 cup of coffee is recommended. Other than that Congrates!
    Jessie1689

Answer by Jessie1689 at 9:27 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• (FORGOT)
    No fish, hotdogs or lunch meat unless the hotdogs or lunchmeat is HOT HOT HOT- its bad for baby, but fish is a NO GO!
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 9:31 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• so i can't have cold meat? crazy shit..lol..i'm gonna miss my ham:( what about diet mt dew???
    Anonymous

• buy yourself some flinstones vitamins and drink as much water as you can stand then drink some more. I was pregnant in the summer and was so afraid of the swelling but my doctor told me if I drank plenty of water and kept my salt intake down I wouldn't swell. My daughter was born August 30th and I went to the hospital with my wedding rings still on my hand. I didn't swell or have leg cramps through my whole pregnancy. I was told not to eat processed meat, fish, nuts or imported cheese. If you have morning sickness chew on a piece of ginger or drink ginger ale. Good Luck and enjoy every moment. Congratulations.
    ardgg

Answer by ardgg at 9:47 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• what about centrum?? that vitamin thing? is that safe?
    Anonymous

• I eat cold meats all the time my dr never said anything to me. If your worried then go to Quiznos where they toast it.
    Anonymous