sex after 4 weeks of giving birth?

is it OK to have sex after 4 weeks? i'm not bleeding anymore but i still occasionally get a ligth pink discharche and it is not a lot, but i'm also scared if i do have sex because i had vaginal birth and i still have stitches in the lower part of my vg so even tho it doesnt hurt me anymore and the stitches are desapearing i'm afraid i might tear? by the way i had a 2nd degree tear!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:26 PM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Health

• I had a vaginal birth && I waited the full six weeks. Even then I made him go really slow, b/c I was still tender where they cut me. I know people who didn't wait, but I was too scared not to.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 9:28 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I wouldnt until the stitches are gone, you can risk a injury, infection. etc...You have to more weeks to go. By then the stitches should be gone and everything back to normal.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 9:29 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Agree with the above, wait. For some, it's painful after a baby, especially after a tear.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 9:36 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• You really should wait until the stitches are gone and you have had your 6 week check up. If you were to get preg. right now and it can happen, it would be dangerous for you and the baby. I have a friend who almost died when she became preg. 6 weeks after giving birth. Her uterus ruptured.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 9:40 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• id wait intill the stitches were gone...i had sex 3 weeks after my dd but i didnt tear and it hurt like hell...kind of felt like my first time all over again
    Anonymous

• Six weeks! This is not worth risking infection. And PLEASE use some form of birthcontrol

Answer by rkoloms at 5:14 PM on Jun. 18, 2009