I need A Job

If you live in the NYC area and wish to help me in finding a job please get back to me I have a cover letter and a resume. Please I am in need in finding a job because I need to take care of my kids. No home base business please I am not good at them.

goodmama

Asked by goodmama at 9:37 PM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Money & Work

• I need a job too. And so do 5 million americans
    Anonymous

• You need a job, join the club. There are over 600,000 people that are on unemployment right now. That isn't counting the millions that don't get unemployment and are out of work. And it will get worse in my city when the Chrysler plant shuts down for good, add 700 people to the 1000 that are already jobless.

Sorry, but you won't get help from many people, there are too many that are in the same boat as you are.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:13 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I agree with the above posters. You could make good money at a home business. There are hundreds to choose from. You just have to be willing to treat it like a job.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:29 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Do you have a strong resume? Do you have more than one resume, each tailored to different types of position? Is your resume a boring laundry list or a narrative of what you have accomplished? Do you write a custom coverletter with every resume, letting a specific employer know what you can do to help them? Do you have a strong Linkedin profile? How are you conducting your job search? Do you check the "big three" and hope that something will appear? Less than half of the available jobs are posted on the job boards; Some of the others are on corporate websites, a growing number are on Linkedin.
    I do career and search coaching. I am always happy to help cafemoms with resumes, cover letters, job search strategy & interview preparation. Feel free to contact me directly –Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 6:42 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• What kind of home businesses have you tried? Did they all involve sales? I have a list of jobs that dont require any type of sales. Email me if you'd like more details.

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 10:15 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Hey there! I know you have said no home biz, but there are people making money is home businesses! I work at home with my 2boys running around and would love to help you get more inof and answer any questions that you have. It is not a scam, the comp just recently won an award from the BBB for its ethics and integrity. If interested, you can visit my website at www.beingunited.com or email me at rebeccabowen@live.co. I would love to help you out!
    Rebecca325

Answer by Rebecca325 at 3:17 PM on Jun. 18, 2009