Should Kate Gosselin have CPS called on her for beating her child?

There's a fine line between spanking and beating...judging from the photos I saw, Leah received a beating. It scares me. She's been taking out her frustration and anger on Jon for years...is she now focusing it on those innocent children???

Do you think CPS has reasonable cause to investigate the Gosselins for child abuse?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:41 PM on Jun. 17, 2009 in General Parenting

• I saw the photos and that was borderline too much. I do spank, and I support parents who do. But she did it out of frustration and anger which is NEVER how you should spank. She left the older girls to comfort Leah while she waddled off with her coffee and blackberry until the cops showed up. I hope that little run in with the cops scared her enough to think before she hauls off and smacks her babies. If it had been a true spanking, the other girls wouldn't have looked horrified, it wouldn't have happened outside and Kate wouldn't have looked so damn angry. She needs to take a step back and evaluate what fame has done to her. Besides, she swore on one episode that she would never spank her kids. What happened to that?
    Emmy_Dollface

Answer by Emmy_Dollface at 10:50 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I did not see any video or photos, nor have I heard anything else about the incident so, therefore I cannot give an opinion. Is there a link? Was this a news story?
    blakebrm

Answer by blakebrm at 9:43 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Heard about it but didn't see it. That said, I think Kate totally has an anger problem and it's just a matter of time...she's a scary, miserable, control nut who needs help from herself.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 9:45 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• That woman is just crazy and all that money went to her head so now she is a rich crazy person with ugly hair
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 9:49 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• http://www.popeater.com/television/article/kate-gosselin-spanking-leah-photos/529806?icid=main|htmlws-main|dl2|link3|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.popeater.com%2Ftelevision%2Farticle%2Fkate-gosselin-spanking-leah-photos%2F529806
    Anonymous

• well she certainly had an angry face, and she has been extremely stressed out and did the spanking out of anger, probably didnt warn the child first or explain why it was done afterwards followed by a hug, but from what it seems, it was "just" a spanking. if she spanked then started beating her daughter down, then yes cps should be called. if she does it alot and the daughter has bruises on her butt or elsewhere, then yes that is a red flag. tabloids always make things appear worse than they are!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 9:55 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• she did what any mother who was frustrated would do...its just b/c she famous is y everyone is makeing a big deal about it...personally if a everyday mom did the samething no one would of batted a eye
    Anonymous

• So it's ok to beat your child when you're frustrated? That's called ABUSE, not discipline. If she's frustrated, she needs to act like an ADULT and take a time out, not beat her child, then shove her aside so she can drink her coffee.
    Anonymous

• 'she did what every mother would do'
    What? I don't know about you but I don't spank my children because I'm upset or even out of frustration.
    Anonymous

• I think that she had every right to spank her child and I think that not enough parents spank their children when it's appropriate. You saw photos of the incident, you weren't there so you have no idea if Kate "beat" the child or tapped her bottom. And just because the little girl cried doesn't mean anything. You have no idea the circumstance surrounding the SPANKING. I think too many people jump on the spanking is beating wagon when the truth is A LOT more children should be spanked and if they were they wouldn't get into HALF the trouble they do.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 10:07 PM on Jun. 17, 2009