No matter what your political party, why do we insist on telling someone else what they believe?

I notice this happens with ALL people, political affiliation (or religious affiliation) doesn't matter. Liberals tell conservatives what they should think, conservatives tell liberals what they should think. Christians tell non-Christians what to think, non-Christians tell Christians what to think. What drives people to stereotype someone like that and tell them that in order to fit that stereotype they MUST adhere by what you think that stereotype or label is? As an independent liberal wouldn't I know what I think and believe and what my own philosophies are better than you?

Jafra_mommy

Asked by Jafra_mommy at 9:41 PM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Ah...good question. It's the debate and sparring that people thrive off of.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 9:43 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I believe that it is one thing to express your own personal point of view in a public forum but to try to tell other people what they should think, feel or believe is preposterous. Also, to call someone a moron or to be overly critical b/c one's opinion differs from your own is childish.
    blakebrm

Answer by blakebrm at 9:48 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I admit i love a good debate, that being said..i like to listen and learn as much as i like to talk and share...i want you to listen to me..and ill listen to you...i try to get all i can from other moms on here..ive learned alot...hasnt really changed my views on anything...i didnt expect it to, but ive learned..i wish everyone would just accept that..if you go into open minded and not so ready to jump down someones throat itd be okay! but a good argument is always funny to watch and read...pretty entertaining!!! im still aggrivated that my questions seem to be avoided lately!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 9:48 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I'd answer your questions sweetstkissez22... but how do I find them? Sorry, still a newbie!

I too love a good debate or a conversation, but I find they're rare to come by. To me a debate or conversation includes both sides discussing an issue and the benefits and negatives of your stand on that issue. Unfortunately, it seems here that debate is more like criticizing someone's typing and spelling skills, calling them names, or making ridiculous assumptions about what the other person thinks or believes.
    Jafra_mommy

Answer by Jafra_mommy at 9:52 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• LOL...i meant more my question/answer to already posted questions..i tend to close mine out after a couple hours...but thanks..i havent been on here to long...i got addicted to this site when i first found it..but it gets old when its always the "same ol" arguements...so i tend to leave it alone every once and awhile...
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 9:57 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Because MY way of thinking/living/believing is better than your way.
    *sarcasm*
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 9:58 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Sweet - you and I (hell everybody on CM) knows that if you ask a certain someone any kind of remotely intelligent question that she's not going to take the time outta her busy schedule to answer you. However, if you sound off like a bloody fool she'll stop long enough to insult you.

Take it with a grain of salt Sweetkissez, it's really not worth 5 seconds of your time.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 9:58 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I don't tell people what they SHOULD think... i just tell them what I think and why I think its right.
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 10:01 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I find that really hard to believe.
    Anonymous

• Because my aunt's neighbor's second cousin's daughter in law's step brother works for an aide who works for the assistant of a governent person and they said we should believe what they say. Wait. What was the question?
    Anonymous