Me and my DH are going to take a break...should I put a time frame on it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:54 PM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• It depends. I think the time frame should be whenever you're ready to try the relationship again.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 9:55 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Don't put a time frame on it. Just let the relationship develop or dissolve naturally. That way you don't stress yourself out thinking "I need to make a decision!"

ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 9:58 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I agree, it depends on many things. Do either one of you need to work on an issue that needs counseling? If so, that requires time to be effective. If just a break, anything from 3 months to a year should do the trick.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:58 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I'm going through the same thing rt now and I definitely say no time frame. Just focus on getting the things together that caused you to feel like you needed to take the break in the first place. The only time frame should be the time that you know that you are truly ready to return (or to not return).
    Anonymous

• I would give it a time frame so that there is some idea of a new beginning or ending. That way you are more likely to work towards some sort of ending or beginning. Take care of yourself though and take your time. Maybe you could start with a time and then reevaluate as this gets closer.
    mummylovebaby

Answer by mummylovebaby at 10:38 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Take a break? Just remember he may enjoy the single life again. And what ever he does with whom ever while on that break is fair game.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 7:20 AM on Jun. 18, 2009