Women sex drive?

Okay a friend of mine asked me a question and I don't really know how to go abouts answering it so I thought I'd write it out here.

If a woman gains a little weight does it change her sex drive? Making it go down. to where she doesn't want sex for periods that are longer than two weeks? And I am not talking a lot of weight cause you can barely tell at all. Anyways whats your thoughts?

Charlies_mommy

Asked by Charlies_mommy at 10:10 PM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• It could if she already had a low self-esteem to begin with, but I would think it would be a mental thing, not physical.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 10:13 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I agree. If she thinks she has gained weight then she may not feel sexy anymore. Great sex is mostly mental anyway. Tell her to believe in herself for who she is. Her guy probably thinks she's one hot momma! If he didn't he wouldn't want some of what she's got. If all else fails, tell her to see a dr. It might be hormonal.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:25 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• She wasn't the one who came to me with the question so I don't think I should bring it up. He was concerned cause he really loves her and he doesn't know what to do and asked for female advice
    and I would be the one he went to cause he is my brother in law and he knows I will be honest. I just want to share more thoughts on this matter. So he maybe he can help her.
    Charlies_mommy

Answer by Charlies_mommy at 10:30 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• i'm already big and i gained more weight since my baby in oct... my energy is low because of my wieght gain and getting usedto taking care of two kids and the home at once....so sometimes im tired, but i could gain 100 lbs and still wanna have sex
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 11:01 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• See I am kind of opposite. When I first met my Husband I had no sex drive and I weighed about 135 lbs. Now I weigh considerably more and while I still do not have the sex drive and your average female it has increased. I think a lot of the reason that my sex drive has gone up is because I am comfortable that even though I am not happy with my looks my Husband is extremely happy.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 12:03 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I believe any little bit of weight added on is discouraging for the person especially in a woman men don't care what the woman looks like they just want the sex. So if you or your friend don't have too much to lose...try losing it so ya'll can feel good about yourselves.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 12:43 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I feel less sexy when I put on weight.. Even if it's just bloating from a big meal.
    But it's not my sex drive that goes down, it's my confidence.
    Liyoness

Answer by Liyoness at 12:59 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I agree that her confidence might be down from the weight, but not the sex drive. I gained weight after having my kids, and have not lost it, but my sex drive has actually increased. It was very low for a while after my kids, but after lots of thinking, I've realized that was more due to the hormonal changes and then the fact that my ex and I just didn't love each other, get along, etc. So, I would think if it's truly her sex drive that's low or gone, that maybe she should talk to her dr and make sure it's not some kind of imbalance that can be corrected.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 8:17 AM on Jun. 18, 2009