how much milk?

Just out of curiosity (my son wont be a year til november), when you switch from formula to milk, how much milk do they get? Would it be the same as the formula they got? I plan on having him off the bottle before then and totally on sippy. Do they drink it cold or warm. What about night time, do they still get some right before bed? Sorry, im a first time mom, and just have soooo many questions about everything, and you guys are always so helpful. Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:15 PM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I was told 8-12 oz max. I give my son 4-6 oz in the morning and then again with either lunch or afternoon snack. Dont give it to him before bed, milk contains sugar which will stay in his mouth and can rot his teeth.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 10:17 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I gave my kids whole milk after 1yr old. I breastfed too, so I only gave them 1-2 cups a day if they wanted it. An started off with 4oz. I gave them both warm and cold milk, but they prefer "cup hot" especially at night night time.
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 10:28 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I was told 15-20 oz max for digestive reasons. We at first gave about 6-8 oz first thing in the morning, first thing after her midday nap, and first thing after dinner. Now she's 2 and she gets about 10 oz in the morning and another 10 after her nap. 12 months is a good time to switch around the routine so there's no longer milk right before bed, if you haven't already. You can always give the milk right before the bath, etc, keeping the rest of the routine the same.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 10:50 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• My advice is to start putting the formula in sippy cups now, hopefully you've already introduced the sippy at some point in time. Then when he hits a year and goes to whole milk, you should just fill the sippy cup (the kind w/ the handles) it should be 8 oz (one cup). That is a good amount. the rest of his nutrition he will get from the food he eats. He doesn't need those stupid "next step" formula tho. Formula companies just trying to make an extra buck off us poor parents lol
    threeeunder3

Answer by threeeunder3 at 11:09 PM on Jun. 17, 2009