My sister said her OB saw the sex of her baby at 8 weeks

is she full of shit and trying to get attention (she was saying how she just new it was a boy from 3 days after a missed period) than 8 weeks she said she got an ultra sound and it was VERY CLEARLY a boy.
I asked my ultra sound tech (Im 33 weeks now, she is 10 weeks along now) and my U.S tech said its impossible and no doctor would give those results that early.
my question is, have anyone of you had a doctor tell u that early the sex?
Jenny, my sister, said it clearly had a penis and testicles, I just read that the testies dont decend until after week 28 and it takes 3 days to decend.
is she full of it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:20 PM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• She's full of it and if that's the case, where's the pic? They give out pics of the gender...at least with all 3 of mine they did. I think I've read that reproductive organs don't actually form until around the 3-4 month mark...which is why they wait until 20 weeks (generally) to tell you.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:23 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• all iknow is that with my 7 week ultrasound all you saw was a bean like thing. you couldn't see crap. shes full of it. really full of it.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 10:24 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I dont think you can see anything that early. I found out at 13 weeks but even then the dr. said not go paint the nursery blue just yet. They still look VERY similar at 13 weeks, I didnt get a "definite" until 20 weeks.

Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 10:28 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• well I know with me, they originally thought it was a girl, because he wasn't laying right.. The doctor told me however that I shouldn't run out and get stuff because it was a guess and he couldn't confirm it, 28 weeks came around got another ultra sound and it was a boy~

Anonymous

• That penis she saw was the umbilical cord. *snicker* she must think her kid is well hung too.....

http://www.babycenter.com/fetal-development-images-8-weeks

ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 10:34 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• At all three of my U/S that early all of my babies looked like a cheeto. There was no way to tell what the sex was. She is full of it.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 10:35 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• there are tests now that you can buy over the counter to see what the sex of your baby is. you dont have to be very far along either.
    TheShryocks

Answer by TheShryocks at 10:37 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I have to know...are you going to call her out on this?
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 10:38 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I would let her know now so that she doesn't start telling bigger and grander lies. Maybe she's just ditzy or overly excited.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 10:39 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• it would be SOO perfect it she was having a girl, so I could throw it in her FACE!
    she is contantly trying to up me some how because I got pregnant before her *she had been trying for a year for her second son and I accidently got knocked up from one broken condom* she was PISSED....
    it would be SO great when she goes into labor and she has a girl so that I can throw in her face how her baby looked like a cheeto with no sex parts at 8 weeks and she is a cronic lire that craves attention.
    god, pray for me ladies, I want her to look stupid!
    Anonymous