What are good magazines for kids/tweens?

My daughter wants me to order her a magazine. What type of magazines would be good for her? She is almost 9. She has asked about M magazine. Any opinions/suggestions?

jridgill

Asked by jridgill at 10:29 PM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• Tabloids for pre-teens.....NOOOOOO! LoL. Something fun, but educational....I'm sure National Geographic has a magazine for kids that age. Maybe check out some of the suggestions on here:
    http://ask.metafilter.com/28870/Magazine-reccomendations-for-a-preteen-girl
    sophiafarris

Answer by sophiafarris at 12:40 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I used to get like some zoo magazine. I can't remember the name. But stuff like that. I don't like the whole "Taylor swift kissed so and so, for kids!" lol
    ashleybgarcia

Answer by ashleybgarcia at 8:56 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• check out Newmoon .com. It is empowering. also discovery girls.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 6:02 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• my daughter is 9 going on 10 and she rally likes American Girl
    tishalm

Answer by tishalm at 10:01 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• My DD is 9, going to be 10 the end of July and she really loves the American Girl Magazine. You can go to their website and order it from there. I love it to, it has given us craft ideas and such to do together and it has no advertisements in it, and the content is way appropriate. I have never seen something I would declare appropriate. Most of it is empowering and good for self-confidence building for the girls.
    lisakm

Answer by lisakm at 3:46 PM on Jun. 30, 2009