What is a good name for my granddaughter to call her stepdad

My granddaughter is almost two and very vocal. She currently calls him "the Bobbie" his name is robbie. "the" goes in front of a lot of words....she does see her real daddy so we don't want to intrude on him. but she is crazy about robbie who is much more involved with her. any ideas for a cute name

TorisGrammie

Asked by TorisGrammie at 10:35 PM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I think "the Bobbie" is cute. My daughter who is 18 months old calls my MIL "Uh Oh." We tell her it is granny, but whenever she gets on the phone with her it is "Uh Oh," Then my MIL says, "spaghetti-os." It sends my dd into fits of laughter. I say go with what is easiest for the baby, especially since her daddy is in the picture as well. Perhaps when Robbie has been in the baby's life a little longer, a more appropriate "Daddy" can replace "the Bobbie." That is so great she has so many people that love her so much.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 10:43 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Daddy Robbie? Or there really isnt anything wrong with what she is calling him. My oldest is not my husbands bio father and she doesnt call him dad but they love each other :).
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 10:40 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Dobby...as a combo of Bobby and daddy.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 10:47 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I would say let her continue with "the Robbie" until she is old enough to understand that he is not her biological dad and then let her decide what to call him. I hate that my sister "made" her oldest daughter call her husband daddy when she didnt want to. and my cousin died of breast cancer when her youngest was 2 and her dad is making her call her stepmom mommy so their new baby wont call her, her real name. because i know that if something happend to my hubby and i and he made my DD call another woman mom i will FLIP OUT! but if she WANTS to call her that then ok. so let her call him what is easy for her! sorry so long!
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 10:12 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Sounds like she has chosen her name for him.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 10:13 AM on Jun. 18, 2009