Could something be wrong with my hubby's sperm?

I dated my husband for about 3 years in high school. We were very sexually active, I was not on the pill, and we were very irresponsible with our condom use, but never got pregnant. We broke up when I went to college, and I had another boyfriend for about a year. I was on the pill at this point, but got a little lax about taking it christmas break while he was out of town. As soon as he comes back I get pregnant, but I ended up miscarrying pretty early on. Now I have since gotten back together with my high school sweetheart, and we've been married for a year. I had an IUD in for about a year, and had it taken out in the beginning of May. I know it's only June, but we have sex literally every day and we didn't get pregnant during my first whole cycle sans IUD. Since I got pregnant so quickly with the pill, could something be wrong with his sperm? Especially since we never had any "accidents" being so careless in high school?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:53 PM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• GO TO A FERTILITY DOCTOR AND HE WIL TEST U BOTH.
    Anonymous

• there may be something wrong with ur fertility, dont just jump to his...I would get you both checked for fertility just to be safe....you could just have a weird ovulation patter because some women ovulate during their period and not at the mid section between periods so I would go too
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 11:23 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• If you're still not pg after 6 months, then yes, go see a fertility doc. He might be sent to a urologist if he's found to have a low or zero sperm count. If that's the cause, don't give up hope. They can also get sperm through a biopsy oftentimes, and that can be used for IVF or ICSI (where they inject a sperm right into the egg).

I'd wait a few months though. Just because you got pg fast last time, doesn't mean it will happen fast this time. Good luck!
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 7:14 AM on Jun. 18, 2009