Did you/will you become what you dreamed you'd become?

I feel like I am well on my way, but it wasn't a straight path there were many many twists and turns and I haven't made it yet so I know there is a curvy road ahead.

What about you?

violaswamp

Asked by violaswamp at 10:57 PM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• it turned out I became what I was supposed to become in spite of my dreams

Answer by admckenzie at 11:16 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• no, I dreamed I would graduate and go to college, I'm a drop out, ex drug addicted 20 year old divorced mother of 2 by two dads. I am the definition of white trash, and I am ashamed of it, and if I could change it I would do it in a heart beat!

Anonymous

• I'm not sure how to answer this. I became a mom, which I wanted, but I also wanted more. I wanted to be a child pyschologist and honestly I just don't think I'm going to get there. School is so expensive! However, I want to help children so we've been playing with the idea of foster care! I'm sure that will happen.
    Anonymous

• Im a MOm that is my main job- anything else is extra- I have a hubby who makes enough so I dont worry. Maybe I will go to work again , but It will be something I like or Im not doing it and the kids come first always.
    Anonymous

• In a way yes. Sometimes its freaky how much I got that I said I always wanted
    but it is also true that you should be careful what you wish for...
    Anonymous

• Nope. I mean yes i wanted to be a mom and have a loving family and i have that but as far as me working no. I always wanted to be in the army and retire from it but i was only able to be in for 11 months before they kicked me out because i got a medical condition. I would have done anything to stay in but there was nothing i could do. Now im going to try to become a teacher but school costs way to much for me right now with a newborn. So im going to have to wait. But im glad that i have the time to spend with my son and my husband.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 11:33 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• No and no. I already feel like it's too late to go to college. I thought I would be married with 2 kids and happy. I am divorced with an only child and we are lonely. I do have a home though but I can't afforf to do major repairs.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 11:34 PM on Jun. 17, 2009