How can I get my 8 year old son to eat more and drink more milk?

He's a skinny little boy. I mean he's not even 60 pounds yet. He's not bony, bony but skinny. I want him to gain some weight.

sweetmom1007

Asked by sweetmom1007 at 10:59 PM on Jun. 17, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• He doesn't need to drink milk. My kids don't (not for lack of wanting, though...they would go through 2 gallons a day if I let them). They get dairy from cheese and yogurt and some milk in their cereal in the morning.
    And some kids are just destined to be small. My almost 9yo daughter is 4' tall and only weighs 45lbs. Last year she only weighed 40lbs. Her younger brother is 7 1/2 and is 3" taller and weighs 65lbs. Her younger sister is 6 1/2 and is only 2" shorter then her and weighs 5lbs more. She's always been small and probably always will be small.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:08 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Some peole dont like milk- give him milk products - yoguart, ice cream ,chesse- I hate milk- I forced myself to drink it pregnant. U can put chocolate syrup in it maybe.
    Anonymous

• if he likes chocolate, give him chocolate milk.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 11:50 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Or "Vanilla Milk"- my 4 y.o. dd loves milk when I put just a touch of french vanilla creamer in it (about 1/2 tsp for a 6 oz glass). She also drinks the vanilla DanActive yogurt drinks.

.....Then again, maybe I have no business answering this question at all- she's always been in the bottom 5-10% of the standard size chart.... I've never really worried though, my husband is naturally really thin so I think she's just going to be like him (lucky girl!)
    Sara1031

Answer by Sara1031 at 1:13 AM on Jun. 18, 2009