My 11 year old son is just about done with 6th grade. He's taking finals this week. We took a walk around our block today and held hands and I was teary eyed. I told him I remember pushing him around in his stroller. He's big and time flies. Do any other mothers feel this way?

He'll be 12 in November and I can't believe how the years flew right by.

sweetmom1007

Asked by sweetmom1007 at 11:02 PM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• Yes, every day when I look at him. He's only 6. I think about time flying by. And I think you must be doing a great job.
    Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 1:20 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• My son is going to be 25, my daughter 23. my other daughter 14- Yes we all feel this way, but ur still young have another one. Take alot of photos so u can both remember all those special times. One day you'll have grandkids. I gave my son a book called" LOVE YOU FOREVER"- it is about a boy and his mother and their love for each other and when he grew up he told me he wanted to take the book to his house,
    Anonymous

• My little guy is 8 1/2 and I feel the same way!
    Anonymous

• It goes," I'll love u forever I'll like u for always as long as I'm living my baby youll be" and it shows the boy growing up and the Mom getting old and he tells his own baby girl the same ryme when he is a Dad.
    Anonymous

• I used to but then I went in to another stage - extreme pride without a twinge of sadness. My son just turned 25. I look at him and see all that he's accomplished in spite of some not so good things and I am just so *#($#*(@(%^$ proud!!!! Even more exciting times are coming for your son, mama. You will feel pride as his comes through his tribulations. Some of those all you'll be able to do is assure him things will get better. Other times he won't listen to your guidance but the end result of his difificulty, what ever it is, will be that he did. Feel your pride of who he is in a great part because of you and know that will carry forward in different ways at different times into his future. Enjoy!!!!
    Anonymous