2 month shots?

I didnt even wanna get her shots bc of things i heard of and i did anyway....now im freaking out

My daughter got her two month shots today and im feeling so overwhelmed with fear and anxiety. I feel like she is going to spike a fever in the middle of the night and i wont know. I tried to give her baby tylenol and she didnt like it and actually choked on it a little. So her pedi said to try and give it through the nipple so she sucks it down instead of squirting it into her mouth and trying to swallow it..... I worry so much it makes my stomach turn. I want my boyfriend to be up with me tonight and help me and be there when i get anxious but he has to work in the morning..... did anyone experience this? ..... Intense anxiety and fear? ..... im a first time mom.... im scared something is going to happen or that im not gonna be there or hear her if something does happen.... help me! - HELP ME WITH THIS FEAR..... its insane.....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:11 PM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• just relax. i'm sure she will be fine. numerous amounts of children have had their shots and had only a slight fever, if any side effects at all. if she does get a fever, put the tylenol in about an ounce of formula (if you formula feed if you breast feed pump and put the tylenol in a bit of that) and that should help disguise the taste for her. try not to stay up all night, you need to be awake in the morning to take care of her and spend time with her. have her sleep in the room w/you and you will hear her if something is wrong.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:15 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• shell be ok. just put the tylenol in the bottle before you feed her with the formula, i had to do that a few times, shell be fine. its like 1 out of 100 plus she still has your immune system. shell be okay. just keep an eye on her, dont freak out. itll be okay i promise.
    LA09TKP

Answer by LA09TKP at 11:15 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• What time did she get her shots...if she hasnt had a reaction yet..its unlikely she will...as far as a fever, my son got a lowgrade fever, nothing major...just try to relax if you dont get sleep tonight you wont have energy if shes cranky tomorrow!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 11:49 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• she'll be fine...my dd had a SLIGHT fever...they feel crappy for a day or two...jsut get your sleep and all will be ok =)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 12:24 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Don't worry honey!!! Breathe! I worried too!! And balled my eyes out when I took her to get her shots! Her legs were sore, but she didn't even get a fever! I didn't give her tylenol either... I just let her tough it out. The best thing you can do, for the both of you, is just comfort her... hold her, rock her, cuddle! Just about every mom goes through this, or at least every mom I know. Good luck!
    tbear2008

Answer by tbear2008 at 12:45 AM on Jun. 18, 2009