less excited second time around?

Okay. i have an 11 month old dd. and i am 12 wks pregnant. and i'm jsut not as excited about this baby, i'm not running around doing a happy dance sayign i'm pregnant everybody! okay i wan't that bad the first time, but i was sooo excited,and now i jsut kinda feel blah. has anyone else had this? do you get excited later?
christy

raineslibramom

Asked by raineslibramom at 11:38 PM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i felt that way a bit with my 2nd and 3rd.i mean i was happy, but i wasnt HAPPY. more like the here we go again.i wasnt miserable. i used to hate it too when people would be like ohh whats the matter, are you having a bad day, you dont seem very excited. it does get better though. maybe you just need to see the baby to cheer up! remember babies are blessings! it does get better
    trelyn

Answer by trelyn at 11:48 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• thank you trelyn. i was hoping i wasn't just a freak. i really didnt want more kids for a few yrs, so this was a big shock. i lost my first baby in 2007. i don't want to get excited, just to be devastated if i lose this one. but i do want to be excited, i feel like i should be excited, but i jsut can't seem to get that way. i go the ob tomorrow and i hope that i will hear the heartbeat. maybe taht will help. i am so much more emotional (cry easy) this time too. i feel like a leaky faucet.
    raineslibramom

Answer by raineslibramom at 11:53 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I am now pregnant with my 2nd, my 1st is now 5yrs old, and no im not as excited as i was with my 1st and i have been thinkin about it and feelin bad.. but here is my conclusion, with your 1st, you r gonna be a mommy for the 1st time and thats exciing thinkin about someone callin you mommy, and needin u! with the 2nd child u r already a mommy...
    katelynsmother

Answer by katelynsmother at 12:55 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• im only a mommy of one so i cant help much but i would have to agree with kate ^^. it just makes sense.
    MrsDuff

Answer by MrsDuff at 1:00 AM on Jun. 18, 2009