maybe TMI

I'm 25 weeks and everytime me and my SO have sex and I'm on top, in the middle of it I get this terrible pain. I'll try to explain it the best I can.
It goes from the top of one hip bone all the way down into my lower abdomen in a U shape to the top of the other hip bone. When I get the pain my stomach tightens. It'll tighten and I'll feel that pain for about 30 seconds, it'll stop and I'll just have a dull ache and then it tightens again. It keeps doing that for about 5 minutes and then goes away but I'll have that dull ache for the rest of the night. On a scale from 1-10, the pain when my stomach tightens is a 20.
I didn't have an orgasm anytime that its happened, so I know it's not from that and it's mainly when I'm on top. When he's on top and hits a certain spot, it happens but not nearly as bad. I can tolerate it enough to finish when he is on top.

Wondering if anyone else has had this?
Any ideas on what it is?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:44 PM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It is a contraction. I have them too and honestly it's a totally different type of pain than labor. I didn't have contractions that intense until I was in transition. For me it happens when I'm "doing the work" I asked my OB about it and he said, use a condom, or don't let him be on top, or don't let him finish inside of you. None of these were the problem. I wouldn't describe it as a 20 but it is intense. I just tell DH that I can't "do it" right now and let him work. It is also when I'm on top.
    mlregalado

Answer by mlregalado at 12:07 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Its braxton hicks, very common after sex and that far along in pregnancy, get ready those are your practice contractions and there NOTHING compaired to the real thing.
    sex is totally safe, healthy and the contractions are normal, so dont be worried, its a natural part of pregnancy!
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 11:50 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• The only thing is, I've been having the BH contractions and this is NOTHING like those. The pain is terrible and has me doubled over, almost crying. I feel bad for my poor SO who has to stop having sex and watch me like that.
    It's something I will be talking to my doctor about tomorrow. Thank you for your answer.
    Anonymous

• I would maybe mention this to your doctor when you go to your next appt. I don't think BH are suppose to hurt that bad. Of you say they its a 20, thats not normal. Dont feel embarrased to bring it up to your Dr also. Its better to be safe than sorry. When I was reading what you wrote, I thought of labor. So maybe call your doc and ask.
    fallin4aSOLDIER

Answer by fallin4aSOLDIER at 11:56 PM on Jun. 17, 2009