will i hurt the baby if i..... (tmi)

i have been constipated for weeks, will i hurt the baby if i strain to use the bathroom. I know this is a weird question but im worried about it.
i dont want to hurt the baby.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:45 PM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• no you'll be fine. but if you can't go at all for awhile i would call the doc and see if you can get a prescription for stool softener or take an over the counter laxative
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:46 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• drink some prune juice or eat something with alot of fiber
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 11:46 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I waited too long and I was in SO Much pain because I was SO constapaited and I went to the ER, and they had to give me 4 enemas and literally shove there hand up there and shovel it out. get it taken care of now, before you have a long and VERY embarrassing trip to the ER, because stool softeners and a fleet enema didn't work because I waited to long to call my doctor.

Anonymous

• colace, hun, try colace. :) and drink a lot of apple juice. it always helps me.
    raineslibramom

Answer by raineslibramom at 11:48 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• yep colace does it! call ur doctor and ask if you can take it while you're preggo! prune juice helps too--even though its nasty!
    jya1124

Answer by jya1124 at 11:52 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• You might give yourself hemorrhoids, lol. Get a stool softener.
    mlregalado

Answer by mlregalado at 12:00 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• eat more fiber...yogurt ( activa or fiber one ) cereal things with alot of fiber in them it will help you poo
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Usally when you can't poop you are not getting enough water so drink a lot of water!!!! You can never drink enough water! And taking a lax can make you have contraction do not do that! Enama s are fine no lax s!!
    RyHouston

Answer by RyHouston at 1:02 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• i drink a glass of grape juice when i can go. you defenetly need to figure out a way to make yourself go....... try the fiber thing and if you have not gone in the next 24 hrs then i would call the dr and let him know. i like kellogs fiber one bars
    twinsnseptember

Answer by twinsnseptember at 11:00 AM on Jun. 18, 2009