Did anyone besides me see the documentary Bloodline?

If you haven't it's available on NetFlix instant watch and I highly recommend it! But it will test what you think you know about Christanity. For me, it just cemented my beliefs, for my Christian husband it gave him to many questions, he didn't want to answer...

If you did see it, what did you think??

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 11:52 PM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I wanted to see it, but I haven't gotten a chance yet. I'll definitely be on the lookout for it, though. I wish we had NetFlix!
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 12:01 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• whats it about?
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 12:05 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I can expect question and controversy from people who have never had an encounter with the Holy Ghost. The death burial and resurrection of Jesus was prophesied hundred of years before it happened that is the first instance that make this claim heresy. Secondly when Jesus died and rose again he came and visited  the disciples for 40 days. Before his ascension he told them not to worry and he would send the the comforter which is himself in the spirit. Acts 2:4 was the manifestation of the Holy Spirit and still experienced by believers in the same manner. All this was possible through the shedding of the blood of Jesus Christ. Which of course make anyone who has the experience of this baptism his sons and daughters through his blood line. Only people with weak, little , or no faith at all in who Jesus really is would fall for such propaganda and false doctrine.

ptomom678

Answer by ptomom678 at 12:06 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I haven't but there are sites that refute the title as not really a documentary http://www.biblearchaeology.org/post/2008/05/BLOODLINE-Serious-Documentary-or-Hollywood-Hoax.aspx

lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 12:23 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I know there are those that refute it as a hoax. But there are always those that want these things kept quiet are there not? I watched this, there was never a doubt in my mind prior to watching it as to the truth here. But It does raise some great questions. You also have to realize if you look hard enough there are those that say the whole holocaust was a hoax as well... So, just watch it and believe what you will...

Are their any that actually watched it??

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:29 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I know I will watch it.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 12:42 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Not a documentary and nothing new. From the time of Christs resurection there were conspiracy theories. Secret societies, gnostics, the Jewish rulers of the time and even the Roman government tried to say all kinds of things about Jesus. This is no more a serious documentary than those books that Dan Brown wrote.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 1:25 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I've seen it, but it was a while ago shortly after it came out.  Personally, it was a rehashing of ideas that were not new and the "evidence" was pretty weak to me.  If you already believe that stuff then it's preaching to the choir and those people don't really need evidence they just want confirmation.  For me - it was totally unconvincing and I saw it with an agnostic friend of mine and she thought the same thing.   The previous mentioned website ("Bloodline: Serious Documentary or Hoax") actually dealt with most of the problems I remember.  

eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 10:13 AM on Jun. 18, 2009