okay dont bash.. but here goes nothing; met dH at strip club

i met my dh when i was 19 at a strip club.. i only worked there for like 6 weeks and then once i met him he wanted me to stop.. so i did.. then5 yrs later we had our son. now we have been together for 7 yrs... havent been in a club or stripped since 2002..but i think things happen for a reason.. when my son asks where i met his dad do lie.????..i feel like im making this up but its the truth.. if u looked at me lets just say im not the stripper type... anywys..he wouldnt sit at the tip bar and give a dollar so he made me cry. then the next day he came back brought me dinner.. and i think we moved into together less then a month later.. he has been taken care of me ever since then.. we have a rocky intense love hate relationship.. anywys..do i tell my son i stripped.??. it was only 6 weeks and i was 19 and desperate. my dad was kicking me out of the house. thoughts... no bashing please.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:56 PM on Jun. 17, 2009 in General Parenting

• you should ask your DH what he will say when he is asked the same Q.... you don't want to tell your child that you met at the Dairy Queen if your DH is going to tell him you were a stripper.

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 11:59 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Nope, tell him you met Daddy at a club. Enough said. I am not against stripping at all, but your son really does not want to know the nitty gritty. Heck, you could even tell him your hubby thought you looked pretty when you danced at the club, haha.
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 11:59 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I agree with Kitten. You could say you were out dancing at a "club" when you met. Just leave out the part about you being naked.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Just say a "club" or a place where people go to dance or something like that. That way, you're not lying, but you're not telling him truths that he's not ready for yet.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 12:23 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• i would just say club too..maybe when he is old enough to understand and you and DH (god willing) still together then yes when he is older it would be alright. I to don't lie to my kids but there are somethings we protect them from till they are mature enough.
    jonsgurrl

Answer by jonsgurrl at 12:43 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• My dh was the bouncer at the club I worked at. Although I had worked with him not 6 months before at a nursing home. I will tell my kids the true about were I met him. My dd, who is 6, already knows that I was married once before and that I had a miscarriage about 3 months after her daddy and I started dating.
    palexander

Answer by palexander at 1:56 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I agree... just say you met at a club or a bar.

My aunt and uncle met at a co-ed strip club where they were both dancers... I am CERTAIN their kids won't know unless they ask in their 20s.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:02 AM on Jun. 18, 2009