Are you Church of Christ?

If so could you pm me. I want to talk to a CoC member. I have some questions. Thnks!

Mrs.Loeffel

Asked by Mrs.Loeffel at 11:56 PM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I heard that the Church of Christ is a cult... I could be wrong though.
    sheriskidmore

Answer by sheriskidmore at 12:00 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• If no one helpful answers, try religioustolerance.org  It's a VERY unbiased site dedicated to giving factual information about almost every religion imaginable.  They should have something on CoC there that might help answer your questions, or at least help you find links to someone who can.  Also try some of the religious tolerance or debate groups here, because most have a forum with threads about all the different religions and denominations to help new members find things out..

Hope this helps!

roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 12:14 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• well i grew up church of christ and quit going after i had my baby. My fam still goes and now that i look back on stuff its crazy some of the beliefs! i just find it hard to believe some of the stuff!
    Mrs.Loeffel

Answer by Mrs.Loeffel at 12:26 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• MY husband I attend A church of Christ - but the one we attend apparently has been excommunicated from the other churches of Christ in this area. Apparently we are too charismatic, too ground roots and don't adhere to the old, staunch way of no clapping, no hand raising, no prayer teams, etc. As a matter of fact, my DH's grandmother is old COC, and she sort of thumbs her nose at us.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 12:50 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• i grew up CoC & still attend a few times a year. i'll PM you.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 9:45 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Im an active member. I'll pm you.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 11:26 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• And no c of c is not a cult, though i have heard that before, you need to look up the definition of a cult and it doesn't even come close to that. catholicism is closer with the pope and all. :)

there are some really old fashioned conservative c of c's, which isn't WRONG, its just old fashioned. the ones i have attended are mostly moderizing if you want to say that. many dont clap, etc. one i went to had a praise team, clapped, etc. the one i go to now is getting there, but there are some "older members" who do not like the new stuff clapping etc so we sort of compromise... until they die off... i know that sounds terrible but really. but even the one i attend now some older folks thumb their nose at b/c its too progressive or w/e. :)

Anonymous