How many lies, little or big does it take for you to lose trust in someone?

I do not wish to hear about little white lies as opposed to big lies, A LIE IS A LIE, NO MATTER THE SIZE OF IT!!!!!

truthteller0722

Asked by truthteller0722 at 11:59 PM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I don't trust anyone to begin with due to past experiences so I may not be the best to answer this question. People have to earn my trust right off the bat and it is exremely hard to earn my trust. There is no one that I trust 100%, and I mean no one. Trust is a huge issue with me so when I find out someone lies to me, I don't take it to well. I stopped talking to 2 people for lying to me and one I rarely talk to because of the same thing.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:05 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• i lie, i time if its an adult if a child i might let one slide
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• From an adult to me it depends on what the lies are about. From a child of mine I've never tolerated lies til now that they're way more grown and are allowed their privacy but yet remain safe. From my partner I don't tolerate any lie at all.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• When adults lie it makes me doubt them and lose trust if I find out about it. so i would say 1 time
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 12:03 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• if its an adult relationship it only takes one.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 12:03 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I dont trust adults that lie to me, and I ALWAYS trust that kids will lie to me.
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 12:13 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I don't tolerate any lies from my kids. From an adult, it really depends on who the person is. If it's a spouse or significant other, it depends on the lie: lying about a Christmas or birthday present I can forgive, lying about where they were last night I can't. Same thing with parents, etc. But someone I don't really know very well, I don't generally trust anyway. It also depends on how I found out they lied. If they come clean to me, I'm more willing to give them another chance, but if someone else tells me or I find out by finding some kind of evidence, it's a lot harder for them to convince me that it won't happen again.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 8:00 AM on Jun. 18, 2009