2mth old and swimming pool

When is it ok to put your kids in the pool . I have 2 month old and would like to get him in the pool casuse he loves the water.The lady from the pool said i can start a mommy and me class but dont know if it is to soon.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I only worried about the temperature not only of the water, but outside, is the baby going to catch a chill when he gets out of the pool, how long will it take to warm the baby up? I would say that since it's summer, just make sure your baby has sunscreen, doesn't get too hot or tired, and have fun!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• you aren't supposed to put them in until they are about 6 months old. if you do decide to put him in now, make sure his face doesn't go in at all, he will automatically start trying to breath the water if you put him under and even if he doesn't swallow too much he can get it in his lungs and drown later (not very common, but more common in infants than older children). the other problem with it is, that sunscreen isn't safe to put on babies til they are 6 months old, so if he's in the water he's more likely to get burnt.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 12:24 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• you should ask the doctor to be completely sure
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 12:52 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• We put our daughter in at 3 mos. We just held her and walked around with her in the water. I used tons of sunscreen and a hat and made sure absolutely no water went into her mouth. That can make 'em sick. I didn't ask my doc. I don't see why I should, how is a pool going to damage them? That seems a little overprotective crazy.
    Anonymous

• chlorine might not be good for a babys skin
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 10:42 PM on Jun. 27, 2009