amnio test color?

I AM almost positive my water is leaking I went to the hospital they did the swab it stayed yellow so I borrowed a couple and took them home and did it in my undewear like they did because I leaked on the way home... Does anyone know what color the swab is suppose to turn when fluid is present? I know blue or green but I dunno which one for reputured membranes

RyHouston

Asked by RyHouston at 12:20 AM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• if ur leaking anything wet u should go in... I mean u dont constantly leak urine.
    how far along are u
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 12:24 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• 39 weeks friday
    RyHouston

Answer by RyHouston at 12:27 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• sounds like your water is broken. Call ur OB, they have 24 hour answering service, prolly should GO IN.
    they might induce u since u've been in a few times already it sounds like this week. but eitehr way u need to get it checked.
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 12:34 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I went in earlier tonight but I have a dr appointment tomorrow
    RyHouston

Answer by RyHouston at 12:55 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• not gonna help u if ur water bag is broken and u go into active labor, and u deliver a back seat baby!

ALWAYS better to be safe than sorry- but truth be told, u cannot mistake labor, u'll know when it starts for sure, so if u get contractions its TIME TO LEAVE.

good luck mama!

judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 12:58 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• It is possible for your water to break and contractions to not start. But if you dont intact membranes then you can start to get an infection becasue there is nothing protecting your uterus from outside bacteria

Its neither blue or green (its a weird dull teal color)
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 1:30 AM on Jun. 18, 2009