switching between formulas

My doctor said that it was fine to give my 2 month old different formula brands she said whatever was on sale ..that they all had pretty much the same stuff as long as it was cows milk base . What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i wouldn't go back and forth. i would find one or two that baby is ok with and stick with whatever is cheaper of those. but thats just b/c my daughter had a very sensitive stomach and had to be on liquid for 2 months, couldn't do powder b/c it made her constipated, and then after that i tried switching formula at 4 months from enfamil to good start b/c good start was cheaper, and she couldn't take the good start til she was 8 months old. before that anything other than enfamil would upset her tummy. i would try to switch baby to a cheaper brand (they all have the same basic ingredients and have to be safe to be on the market) but then would just stick with that brand and the one he/she is already on.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 12:27 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I don't thik she meant back and forth, maybe she meant its ok to switch to something else if you want. But i wouldn/t do it all the time. It could really mess with her system. If your doctor really said that, i would consider switching doctors.
    Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 1:12 AM on Jun. 18, 2009