10 month daughter hardly peeing

We went to dr and she hadn't peed for over 12 hours. They put a cathider*sp* in her and she still didn't.. so they put a bag on her and i had to sit around in waiting room w/ her till she finally peed. They checked her for UTI but came back normal.. But she still is hardly peeing. She is drinking like normal and doing everything else like normal. Just hardly pee's anymore.. Was wondering if anyone can think of what could be wrong or is it normal?? Thanks so much for input =D

Stefani22

Asked by Stefani22 at 12:24 AM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Weird! I have a 10 month old and she pees all the time. So they weren't concerned about her not peeing for 12 hours!!!??? You need to go see a different doctor ASAP. It could be kidneys or bladder. Go somewhere else!!!!
    Lauren24

Answer by Lauren24 at 12:33 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• They checked her for a UTI. Im going to call and make an apt for tomorrow, and have them look again. Dr only checked for UTI. I hate i have no way to call and talk to her actual dr.
    Stefani22

Answer by Stefani22 at 12:35 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• How much is she drinking in a day?
    I think I would just keep an eye on it. With the urine test they did it would also check for dehydration so I assume it was fine.
    In the mean time I would encourage her to drink more.. I would get at least 25 oz in her/day
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 1:21 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• She drinks over 25 oz a day. she's been pooping 2 to 3 times aday. Dont know if that has anything to do w/ it lol. I think I only had to change her diaper 3 or 4 times today. 2 were because she pooped.
    Stefani22

Answer by Stefani22 at 1:27 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Not normal. At all. Raise a ruckus. Sometimes peds seem to think that parents are extaggerating. If they say nothings wrong tomorrow, take her to the ER!
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 1:36 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I would definitely take her somewhere else. That is not normal especially in a baby. I hope everything works out with her.
    milonappa

Answer by milonappa at 8:45 AM on Jun. 18, 2009