When will this end?

I had my Gall Bladder out on January 29th.. I'm still having some problems digesting food.. Some days are good while others are REAL bad.. Does anyone know when I'll get back to normal.. Okay, no wise cracks on that last statement.. lol I'm tired of sitting home for an hour waiting to see if food will sit for a while..

Asked by kerrysmom at 6:58 PM on Jun. 21, 2008 in Health

• Gallbladder surgery unfortunatley does not always fix a problem. You need to really watch what you are eating, fatty or fried greasy foods will usually set off symptoms. Make sure you talk to your doctor about your symptoms, because they could be complications from the surgery too. They can also prescribe some medications that will regulate your 'bathroom habits' and help make things easier to tolerate.

Answer by sapient at 7:37 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• If you are talking about the IBS type symptoms, the sudden cramping and diarrhea after eating a meal, it can go on for the rest of your life to some degree. You eventually learn what foods affect you the worst, and try to work your routine around the things that give you problems... but you might be sticking close to restrooms forever. (I had mine out in 1992 and still have problems at times.)

Answer by TwinmomPlus at 7:23 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Hello there. My Dr. wanted to remove mine as well back in Aug 2007. I didn't have stones just a slow acting gallbladder. I did a crazy liquid cleanse for 11 days eating only mashed cucumbers & avacado and lots of Amy's Pea Soup and lots of Bolthouse Veg juice and Super Greens Drink. I lost 12 pounds and felt amazing. I slowly started eating rice, pasta salads and raw veggies then cooked veggies but never ate meat again and cut out Dairy forever. I am great and my IBS is gone too and I don't need my intestinal meds anymore. I am a totally different person. I love life and feel healthier. My Dr. is wating for my surgery and I told him NEVER!! Good luck to you and be careful of DRs. & Medicine.

Answer by teamhalsey at 10:48 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Check out my group here on CafeMom . You can go through a ten day detox tha I think will help you. Also, go to and look up Lifegest (an enzyme supplement that aids in digestion) and Lypomax (a liver detox). PM me if you have any questions... I'd love to help.

Answer by SuperNonnie at 10:57 PM on Jun. 22, 2008