Is anyone else unhappy with the new formula for nutramigen?

It 3 months to find the right formula for my daughter, until then, she was extremely collicky. Nutramigen worked for her and since then, she's not nearly as fussy or gassy. But now that nutramigen's formula has changed, I've noticed that she's gassy and fussy again. Also, her poos are thicker. Has anyone else out there noticed a similar difference in their child.

Side vent... They have reduced the can by almost 4 ounces; yeah, the price went down a few dollars, but they almost doubled the scoop size! So the cost is actually more now! Not to mention that the formula doesn't desolve easily and the thicker formula has been clogging the bottle nipples!

burszoo

Asked by burszoo at 12:41 AM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't know anything about the formula... but maybe check online to see if you can buy the old stuff for your daughter... it should still be good, it has a long shelf life.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 1:30 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Hmmmm.... Yea, I HATE formula companies. I breastfed, so never had to deal with it, but formula companies are some of the most evil, disgusting people ever to exist! Targeting babies like that, UGHHH.

JUST TO CONFIRM, I am NOT bashing moms who formula feed, simply the companies who make that nasty crap in a can sh*t.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:37 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I breastfed and I am so glad I never had to deal with the whole drama with formula companies. I really hope your baby starts feeling better soon, though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:49 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Try Alimentum. How long has she been on Nutramigen? If she's been on it about 2-6 weeks it could be that now her immune system has been triggerd causing her symptoms. If this is the case you might have to go with Neocate or something similiar. It's even more hypoallergenic than Nutramigen and Alimentum. I'm so glad I nursed my baby through her allergies.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 4:12 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• my dd's doc put her on the new nutramigen too....she hates the taste and she spits up way more and has gas. he said to try it for 2 weeks and see. the stuff is wicked expensive and you have to pack it down. she did way better on soy but we'll see. at least shes not constipated anymore but i agree with the thicker poos. i just dont know about this stuff, seems like its not helping too much. plus she isn't drinking as much, so I'm concerned about her weight, she has been gaining great so far. I hear Alimentum tastes better but I haven't tried it. the probiotic stuff in the new one is supposed to help with her skin. well see ...lmk how yours does!
    clransom

Answer by clransom at 6:51 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• My almost 3 month old son is on Nutramigen. I havent seen a change with him on it. My 19 month old daughter was on Nutramigen too, and had no problems with the formula. When did they change it? Or maybe you can try the consontrate(sp) of the nutramigen?
    jessduncan77

Answer by jessduncan77 at 7:39 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Try alimentum that is what both my little ones used. It might help out your little one.
    missiedoo

Answer by missiedoo at 8:19 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• What don't you stick a boob in her mouth......duh?!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:08 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Anon 10:08 now i not the time to bash someone for using formula. At 3 months? comon it's too late to start breastfeeding now. The reason it takes a while to find the "right" formula is because babies are born to breastfeed and the breastmilk is made just for them perfectly so thats also why there are many kinds of formula. Anyways my boys were on soy formula (i breastfeed dd now) and that was great, have you tried it? Its cheaper than nutrimigen (sp). Until you can figure it out check out online for ordering the old version and even your local consignment shops theres always formula there and for waay cheaper.
    threeeunder3

Answer by threeeunder3 at 10:54 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• WOW!! What ugly people some of you are!

Those of you have given me legitimate recommendations and feedback, thank you!

For those of you who have decided to bash me, first of all, I'm appalled by your better than thou attitude. We are all mothers here and have come together for the welfare of our children!

Unfortunately, I was unable to breastfeed, although throughout my entire pregnancy I was planning on only bf her. I didn't produce enough, so I had to supplement with formula. I pumped every two hours for 1/2 hour every day and was lucky if at the end of the day I ended up with a 2 oz bottle of breast milk for her to have in the evening. I took fenugreek and drank mother's milk tea to help.

Now back to my original question, she's now almost 10 months old and has done well on the nutramigen until now. Also, she's allergic to legumes, so the soy doesn't work. I'll check into the Alimentum.

Thanks!
    burszoo

Answer by burszoo at 12:02 PM on Jun. 18, 2009