who lets their kids do this?

SO, I am writing an essay in a class at school....Do you mommy's think it is okay for minors to get cosmetic surgery? (IM NOT TALKING ABOUT FOR HEALTH REASONS, such as a deformity.) I am talking about breast implants, nose jobs ect? Would you pay for your child's? (if you have the money)

airforewifenmom

Asked by airforewifenmom at 12:42 AM on Jun. 18, 2009 in General Parenting

• omg! no way, i dont have kids yet, im 5 months along and thank goodness im having a boy.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 12:45 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• no, I want my kids to know that they are fine just the way they are and not hide behind implants or whatever
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 12:46 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Nope no way!....My little girl is 4 though and the other day she came up to me and says," Mommy , when I get bigger the doctors going to give be some boobies like yours huh!" ... All I could do is laugh!
    HannahLee87

Answer by HannahLee87 at 12:50 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• no way, never. if they want to have cosmetic surgery later in life that is fine. i will teach them that they are beautiful/handsome just the way they are, but if they still feel they aren't comfortable in their bodies, than by all means find a way to be comfortable in your body. i personally plan on having a breast lift next year, my sister got implants (for a slight deformity but it wasn't noticeable unless she took her bra off it just was too noticeable to her so she wasn't comfortable w/it). i can't imagine someone allowing a teen to get cosmetic surgery if it wasn't needed for a major deformity. for one thing they are still growing for another they are kids
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 12:50 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• negative.
    MrsDuff

Answer by MrsDuff at 12:52 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Breast implants... no. But nose jobs, ears pinned, etc... it depends. On what? On whether it is affecting my child's mental health. If he/she is unfortunate enough to be born with overly large, or oddly shaped nose, dumbo ears, and has been exploitted to years of teasing by her classmates and is disturbed by it.... maybe. I'd take that into consideration when he/she is a bit older. But just to "perfect" the child's appearance for no reason, and no mental trauma behind it.... no.
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 12:52 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Hell to the NO
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 1:05 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• no
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 1:07 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• hell no. i am teaching my children that no matter what anyone else says they are so much more than looks. if they choose to do it when they are old enough to not need my consent i will support them.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 1:40 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• It would depend.

Would I get my daughter breast implants at 16 years old? Hell no. But if she had a cosmetic issue with her nose or her ears and it was something that was really OBVIOUS and not just her picking at herself, I would definitely pay for it. I don't want my daughter to suffer when I can fix it.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 1:47 AM on Jun. 18, 2009