Don't you think that if God were real...

Someone at some point in history would have been able to prove it? Humans have been around for a long long time. And not one single person has been able to prove God's existence. I wonder why that is?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Cause he's incognito.
    summerm

Answer by summerm at 12:50 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• No and I am glad we can't. Think about it if humans could, by their own clever reasoning, figure out God then He would be less than humans are. I don't want a God that I can figure out, that I can reason out. Would He then be powerful enough, or wise enough to run human affairs? I think not.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 12:54 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• LOOK UP AT THE SKY TONIGHT,AND ASK HIM?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:59 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• God is real and one day you will see and so will everyone eles that dont believe in him. Its called faith Hebrews 11:1 1Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. Also there is prof the BIBLE :)

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 1:28 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Faith is a gift, to believe and NOT see is a gift. But if you need proof take a breath. The fact that you can breath is proof of God's existence. That fact that we are ALIVE is proof enough. If you're looking for a mgic show God doesn't do that. You either believe by faith or not, he isn't going to do a song and dance number to get to you, he gave us his word and a promise. He gave us minds and the holy spirit. But he also gave us the gift of choice. If people choose to not believe in God Satan hsa won power over the,m Satan wants people to not believe in God he wants people to believe God is a mean self absorbed tryrant with a big list of no nos so long tha that heaven is unnatainable.
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 1:49 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• We breathe air right? How do you know that we breathe air if you cannot see it. Can you prove to me that it is air we are breathing? No you can't because you cannot see it but you believe you breathe air... thats called having faith in the things not seen . Blessed are those who never saw Jesus walk the earth yet they believe. ( He said this to Doubting Thomas)
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 2:15 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• The apostle Paul wrote: “[God’s] invisible qualities are clearly . . . perceived by the things made.”—Rom. 1:20; Acts 14:16, 17.
    Just think, man’s faculty of conscience is but one example of this truth. The Bible shows that this faculty, this inward realization or sense of right and wrong, gives evidence of a ‘law written in the heart.’ (Rom. 2:14, 15) Obviously humankind did not get such “law” from the brute animals, as its workings are not in evidence among them. The existence of this internal “law” proves that there must be an intelligent lawmaker—God. Moreover, this faculty reveals the Creator’s wisdom and great concern and love for man. for most of us our conscience has served to deter acts that threaten the life, welfare and security of humankind.

lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 2:41 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• your right rhanford, some people have no interest in learning anything about God. They do not even believe that he exists. they don't want to be accountable to God. They want to set their own standards for living. They may invent arguments in an effort to show that God does not exist. I believe their arguments often amount to no more than self-deception, as the well-known author Aldous Huxley once confessed: “I had motives for not wanting the world to have meaning, consequently assumed that it had none, and was able without any difficulty to find satisfying reasons for this assumption.” But a person’s preferring to believe that God does not exist so as to lead a “free” life obviously does not cause God to disappear. He remains, he is.
    lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 2:48 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Most people don't "choose." They try and try, and search their whole lives trying to find what comes to others as naturally as, er, breathing apparently. This "feeling" or "knowing" or whatever is a completely alien concept to me, one I have never been able to grasp ever in my entire life.

Lisa, I don't believe those arguments have to BE invented. I think they are what's there in plain sight, and it's the believers that cloud things with their fairy tales. The construct of god is obviously man-made.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 3:32 AM on Jun. 18, 2009

• If you weren't so narcissistic you'd be able to see clearly that God is real, but it's hard to see anyone else when you're eyes are so focused on self.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:35 AM on Jun. 18, 2009